Chapter Twelve- Green Mist

Leo

Leo knew that after his little encounter with his dad that he needed to go talk to Chiron, if Hephaestus hammer wasn’t retrieved by the third of July Jackie wasn’t going to be safe. Well actually more like deep fried Jackie.

Although Leo knew he had to go to Chiron, he had a tug in his gut that told him to go to Jackie first. Leo quickly got dressed and told Jake to take care of the cabin whilst he went to talk to Jackie and Percy.

Leo had never been to Jackie’s cabin before, but now that he did, he found it a bit more comforting that the steampunk style of his cabin. It was a long stone cabin, with a front porch and a trident over the doorway, Leo took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Leo was greeted by green eyes but not blonde hair. It was Percy, and he looked like he had run into a wall, no doubt since he had been having nightmares about Tartarus. He couldn’t blame Percy, he’d been doing really well trying to forget before Jackie came along and now the stress may have started it again. Be he certainly didn’t look in the mood for talking with Leo. Leo gulped.

“Hey Man.”

Percy smiled weakly, “Hey dude, what’s up?”

Leo gulped again, “You might need to get your sister before I tell you.”

Percy invited Leo in, Leo sat down on a spare bunk and Jackie climbed down from hers and smiled at him. “Hey Valdez, what’s up?”

“Uh, I have some news.”

Percy frowned, “What type of news?”

 “That radio was a sign from my dad.”

 “That’s wonderful Valdez!” Jackie smiled broadly,

Leo loved her smile, it made him feel warm, but not fire hot, like he did when he was working with his machines.  And Leo couldn’t believe that Jackie was his. Not an Aphrodite or Apollo guys’.

Percy stared at Leo, “So that was your news?”

Leo smirked at Percy, “I’m afraid my not my apprentice, my dad contacted me last night.”

Jackie looked astounded, “You talked to your dad?”

Leo smirked dangerously, “Uh, not exactly, he butted into one of my dreams.”

Leo felt weird whilst sitting in the cabin, as if his ADHD wasn’t so extreme, the spring trickling in the room made him calm, which definantly helped the situation.

Percy smiled but he looked worried, “What did he say.”

Leo took a deep breath before telling Jackie and Percy everything. Leo did take care to leave out the girl talk Leo had had with Hephaestus. Jackie and Percy both  looked worried and by the end Jackie’s face wasn’t white like Percy’s but red from anger.

“What is up with Zeus? Can’t he give me a break! I didn’t. Steal. Anything.” She blurted out.

Thunder rumbled overheard, Percy looked anxious, “Uh Jackie, I wouldn’t get Zeus anymore angry than he already is.”

Leo nodded but he was still smirking, “Percy’s right, we don’t exactly mention the gods like that when we’re talking, because believe it or not, they watch us twenty four, seven.”

Jackie calmed down but she wasn’t smiling like she was before, “We need to tell Chiron, I want to get going on the quest! My birthday’s the third and it’s the thirtieth today.”

Percy smiled at Jackie, “Don’t worry Jackie, we’ll find the hammer, Leo’s dad gave him a lead, to find Thetis. We’ll ask Chiron where she is. And I’ll talk to Annabeth; she’ll know what to do.”