Gawking

Chapter IX

"You're being rude." I said not looking at them.

"Oh I'm sorry miss cutie, I can't help but stare at you." Brandon openly flirted.

"Try that to someone else Brandon." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ooohh.. So you know me?" he smirked.

"Of course she does dimwit." Xander said leaning towards me. "You look prettier without your glasses, Isa".

"I know." I replied not looking at him but continued eating my pizza.

"Isa?" Brandon asked obviously shocked. He leaned closer to meas if he was studying my face. Too close for my liking.

"Stop gawking at me Brandon and close your fucking mouth." I snapped at him. I stood up and Rae stood up as if she knows what I was planning, we walked out of the pizza parlor with out saying a word.

I went straight to Rae's car and waited for her to open it. I want to go home already. I didnt plan for Xander to immediately recognize me like that. He didnt even look shocked to see me without my nerd attire.

"You okay?" Rae's voice was worried.

"Yeah" I answered.

"Are you sure?" she asked, confused.

"I'm sure, why??" I looked at her inside the car. Wait. when did she get inside?

"Coz I've been telling you to come in for the last 5 minutes and you didn't even hear me!" she said amused.

"Oh" I said as I got in her car quite embarrassed.

"What the fuck were you spacing out about?" she asked.

"You're cursing a lot today." I said evading her question.

"This is how I normally talk." she answered, laughing. "Just not in front of adults or family."

"So you want to portray the good daughter in front of your parents huh?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

She rolled her eyes and giggled before saying, "I'm just respectful like that." then winked at me.

I shook my head at her answer. This girl knows the way of the world. She knows when to bare her fangs and when to show her halo. This is probably why I'm sticking as her friend. Best friend. The thought of what she called me brings a smile to my face.

"What the heck are you smiling to yourself about?" Rae suddenly asked.

"Nothing," I smiled at her, "I just really liked it tbat you think of me as your bestfriend though we just met not too long ago."

"Well, I liked you the first time I saw you so.." she started saying.

"Sorry Rae but I'm not into girls!" I fake a gasp.

"Bitch! Ewwww!" Rae caught at my joke and we both laughed.

We went straight to Rae's house and I helped her carry her shopping bags to her room. Her mom asked me to stay for dinner but I declined saying I was still full. Rae drove me to my house before she went to get Jelay from her ballet class. I waited for Rae's car to disappear from sight before I opened my door.

"Stop hiding. It would be better if we talk inside."

"Tres."