Family

That is Jelay up there.
__________________________♥♥

Chapter VIII

I drove around the street Rae texted me, looking for her house number, I stopped my car when I saw it. The house was big but not the over-the-top huge type, It has two floors and a terrace on the second floor. I walked up the front porch and rang the doorbell. Rae opened the front door, looked me up and down then her eyes widened as she realized it was me.

"OMG! Is that you Isa?" she squealed, "You look different!"

"I know, I'm not wearing my glasses now." I rolled my eyes at her.

"B-but you look totally different!" she said,"Like a whole different person!"

"I know." I said flatly, "are we gonna stand here all night?"

"Oh! sorry! Come in." She stepped aside and gestured for me to come inside. The living room is beautiful with every wall painted in white and the corners and edges were painted in brown-almost-gold color. The furniture were also in the shades of brown, white or gold. I looked round and gave a low whistle.

"You're house is nice." I told her.

"Thank you!" A female voice replied from behind me. I looked around to see a very attractive Asian woman who is probably in her late thirties to early forties, she has an apron over her dress and is smiling widely.

"Isa, this is my mom Danny." Rae put her arm around her mom in a side hug, " mom, this is Isa, my classmate."

"Hello ma'am, it's nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand.

"Oh please!" she smiled rolling her eyes. " Call me Danny."

We had a small chat with Danny and she led us to the kitchen where her father was seated. I was introduced again and shook hands with him. We were made to sit and I sat next to Rae who sat across her stepmom. We were about to start eating when a girl about twelve years old came through the door, wearing a princess attire of some sort. She was smiling from ear to ear and went straight to her mom and hugged her, then to her dad and then she winked at Rae who just just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Isa, meet my sister, Jelay." Rae introduced me.

"Hello." I greeted then nodded at her. "Nice outfit."

"Isn't it?" she squealed, "I made this myself." She said proudly.

"Really? Girl you have talent." I told her.

We talked while we ate and Rae took me to her room after to watch some movies. Jelay came in with snacks (I love this girl already!) and watched with us. We watched pitch perfect one and two, ate a whole lot of sweets and talked until 11 pm before i bid goodbye and went home.

I was driving home and the town seemed a lot more quiet than usual. Meeting Rae's family I remembered my family, the only family I know, the kids back at the orphanage. I made sure they were all in a better place before I destroyed the fucking orphanage. The place that distroyed us and made us what we are. They took our childhood and innocence and took even more out of those younger than us. They kept us locked and leashed for their own good and profit. When I decided to destroy the orphanage I acted on impulse. It was the only way out that I could think of for me and the kids. I made sure there were no evidence and records of us left. I bet everything on that day, my life and the lives of all those kids. So I made sure that there will be no records left so others wont be able to track them. For to those devils dressed in white, we were just "Curriers".