Grand Entrance

Chapter 17

When we went into the house, smoke from cigarettes and vapes greeted us along with the semi naked people walking around the dim lighted living room. We stood there for a few minutes and while the others looked at us like we're the superstars. Rae ignored the looks and so did I, she looked like she was looking for someone. I just stood there with my chin up while the boys and some girls looked at me with adoration and curiosity while the other girls looked like they literally want me to drop dead. If the latter happened, then I would literally be drop dead gorgeous.

"Airon!" Rae suddenly shouted while waving her hand to a chocolate colored guy who in started walking to us.

"Hi Rae," he said as he hugged Rae," I'm so glad you could come!"

"Yeah, me too!" Rae replied."This is an awesome party."

"Thanks babe," he said then he noticed me,"I see you brought a pretty girl with you."

"Yeah, this is Isa, the new student." Rae said while doing quotation marks in the air with her fingers. She then turned to me, "Isa, this is Airon, we had some classes last year and had been in the same group of friends."

"Isa?" Airon said looking me up and down."Wait, you're the nerd that Xander's been buggin' around right?"

"Yep, that me." I awkwardly laughed as I offered him my hand to shake.

"Oh ehm geee!!" he squealed like a giddy girl. "I actually believed those bitches' description of you!"

"What descriptions exactly?" Rae asked and I was also curious.

"Like you're a nerd and wear baggy clothes and have no sense of fashion at all!" he said rolling his eyes. "I should've known they were only jealous of you!"

"I" I was not able to finish my line because some dude suddenly dragged Rae away and I followed them.

The dude brought her out to the pool, and shouted "Geronimo!" then jumped in with Rae shouting. I was about to jump when Rae surfaced laughing and coughing at the same time. Rae swam to the edge of the pool near me and climbed up. Her pink bikini is visible because of her wet white dress.

"Now I'm wet and I'm not even drunk yet!" She complained yet she's laughing. "Stupid Josh!"

"What?" The guy who got her wet appeared behind her.

"You little prick!"Rae turned around to face him. "I'm wet and I'm not even drunk yet!"

Josh laughed, "Don't worry, I'll bring you some beer."

"Good doggie!" Rae smiled and pointed her finger inside the house." Now go, fetch!"

"I'm not a dog Rae," Josh laughed,"Introduce me to your friend first."

Rae looked at me then smiled brightly at Josh. "Well, why not introduce yourself then?"

Josh smiled and started to walked to me.

"I will break every bone in your body if you're going to get me wet." I said seriously and looked at him sharply.

He stopped on his track shocked, then forced a smile and raised his hands, "I'm Josh." was all he said. Rae laughed her ass off at what happened and ordered Josh to get us some beer.

"That was hilarious!" Rae laughed at Josh. We were sitting in one of the pool chairs and drinking beer. "You had the same look you had when you pissed yourself when we were in preschool!"

"Shut up about that monkey girl!" Josh playfully glared at her but was not embarrassed at all. "I was still a baby back then!"

"Oh whatever! I will never forget that."Rae said laughing.

Just looking at them, I can tell that they are close and treat each other like without malice. I enjoyed the stories they shared when they were young because they were actually childhood friends including Airon, who was gay since back then. We planned to go swim so I took my dress off and was already in my bikinis when we heard a commotion inside.

We started walking inside when someone literally flew out the door, like he was thrown out. We ran towards the guy who was helped up by some other guys. I was shocked to see that it was none other than Brandon. He saw me in the midst of people that sorrounded him. He looked at me sharply.

"It's because of  you again."