Mors

I pack a small bag of stuff I will need for the mission. General Draven doesn't know that I'm going, and I hope to keep it that way. I grab a blaster, but I decide I will need two. I grab another one, and I head off towards the ship. Cassian hasn't even told me what the mission is yet. Well, he also didn't want me coming in the first place. I get to the ship, and Cassian isn't here. I get on the ship, and I go sit down near the back. I start to hear people talking outside the ship. I peak outside, and I see that it's General Draven.  I quickly go back to the back of the ship and hide. I find some old blankets to hide underneath, just in case he decides to come inside. I hear him start to walk away. I start to sit up when I hear the door open. I quickly go back under the blankets. I feel my heart beating faster and faster. This better not be Draven. 

"I know you're in here." A voice says. "Come out." I don't move a muscle. I don't even breathe. I hear footsteps coming towards me. Someone grabs the blankets and rips them from on top of me. 

"Oh, it's you I thought it was Draven." I say. It was Cassian which doesn't surprise me at all considering this is his ship. 

"You should've waited for me. Draven almost always talks to me before I head off." He says. 

"Wait? So now you want me to come with you?" I say slightly surprised.

"No, I just know you won't take no for an answer."

"You're right. I never would take no for an answer."  I laugh. "I'm not even going to ask where we are headed because I only care about when we are going." 

"We are going now." 

"Really?" I almost hit my head I jump so high.

"Yes." 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get going!" I yell. I jump onto the co-pilot sit, even though I can't fly, I look out the window. It feels oddly normal. I can't wait to find my uncle...And kill him. 

I would like to think I wouldn't have the heart to kill, but really everyone does. All one needs to do is clear the mind of all emotions, and just do it. In my mind I think my uncle deserves to die. He was the one who brought me the most pain. He was the one who killed my family. He was the one who thought I would give in. He thought that fear would take over me. It has not, nor will it ever. Anger has taken over. I shall take revenge for my family. For my friends. For everyone. I shall kill him it's the last thing I ever do. 

I continue to stare out the window. Into the nothingness of space. I slowly drift into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on an Imperial ship surrounded by stormtroopers. I try to look around, but I can't. I try to stand up, but the stormtroopers force me back down. I see my uncle walk into the room.

"Why hello Luna." He said evilly. I say nothing. "Do you want to know what your name means?" 

"It means nothing." I say. "It is my name." 

"Tenebris? Who would name their kid Tenebris?" He laughed.

"It's my middle name, and I happen to like it." I argue.

"You only like it because you're used to it." He spat.

"No, my name is Luna Tenebris Lux Mors." I pause. "I happen to like it."

"At least let me tell you what you what your last name means." 

"Why? What in the world would my last name mean? Your last name." 

"Maybe I'll tell you. Maybe I won't." 

"What about you're second middle name? Lux? I'm not quite fond of it personally. I prefer Tenebris." 

"Why do you have to like one more than the other?" I challenge. "They are my names not yours." 

"Ah, but you see. Names have meanings. All names do." 

"Okay what does your name mean then?" I ask. 

"Malum means evil. I suppose you probably thought I was evil, as soon as you found out I was the one in charge of your family's death." He laughs.

"Really? Who the hell names their kid evil?" I say.

"Someone with the last name death."

"What?"

"You still haven't connected the dots?"

"All Mors die. It's a curse. That's why we are named such unique names. You see dear Luna, Mors means death."

"No. That means?"

"Yes, we all die before our time has come."

"Why?"

"It's a curse."

----------------------------------------------------------

I wake up with a start. 

"Cassian?"

"Yes?" He replies.

"My last name."

"What about your last name?"

"It means death."

"Wait, how do you know this?"

"I was dreaming. My uncle he told me that we, the Mors family, all have unique names so that we can maybe survive till our time. His name means evil."

"What does yours mean?"

"I didn't want to tell me. I thought he was lying." 

"This was just a dream."

"Yes, but dreams sometimes tell the truth."

********************************

A/N I am soooooooo sorry for the long wait! (And for the slightly boring chapter) I have a slight case of writers block so I might not be able to post as much. :( Also what do you think about Luna's last name? What do you think her other names mean? (If you know please don't put them down in the comments I don't want to spoil anyone.) Happy reading!