•Chapter 12•

" That's why she's never open to me.... She's afraid." Shadow thought to himself.

As Shadow backed up and went to sit down on the couch. As he sat down and put his head into his hands he began to think about how hard it must be for you. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the pictures of your cuts out of his head.

He kept shaking his head violently and kept trying to get the gore images out of his head.

"Shadow are you okay?" Sonic asked.

Shadow jumped and his eyes were filled with fear. He nodded his head and started to get up. But as he got up and was close to the door he fell on one knee and images of what had happened to Maria flashed in his mind.

"Maria... " Shadow whispered to himself.

"Shadow! Hey are you okay!" Sonic said as he looked at Shadow.

Shadow shook his head and tried to stand up. The horror of the images that played over and over in his head was making him feel like he had seen the whole scene of Maria getting killed again.

You peeked out of your room and saw Shadow on the floor and Sonic right next to him. You walked out and looked at the two hedgehogs.

"Sonic what's wrong with him?" You asked worry in your voice.

"I don't know, he just fell over and started to say the name 'Maria'." Sonic said.

That's when it hit you, you remembered that Shadow had a human friend named Maria. As you walked over to Shadow and looked at him you grabbed one of his hands and picked him up off of the floor.

"Shadow I understand that you lost someone very dear to you, but you have to remember, she wanted you to be alive and remember her for a reason. " You said to him while looking at him and holding his hand.

After a while you let go of his hand and went back to your room silently. Shadow just stared at you in silence.

"Hey Shads you okay?" Sonic asked him.

"Yeah I'm just gonna go out for a bit... " He said while leaving out the door.

•Later in the middle of the night•

You laid there silently asleep on your bed. As you shifted in your sleep you jumped as you heard your window break. You jumped up and sat up, but as you sat up someone pinned you down to the bed.

"Hey get-" you were cut off by the mysterious man putting his hand over your mouth.

"Don't scream if you do then I will kill you.. Just keep quiet and enjoy.. " he said and he sounded like he was smirking.

As he finished that sentence he removed his hand from your mouth and you felt him reach under your shirt.

"HEY! HEY! LET GO OF ME!" You yelled as he kept his grip on you firmly.

He pulled out a knife and held it towards your face. You stopped and froze as you felt the cold metal against your face.

"I told you what would happen if you screamed.... Goodnight princess... " He said grimly.

With that you felt something cold go in to your stomach. As he did that Sonic and Shadow busted in and saw the figure above you. The figure was swift and jumped back out the window and ran.
Sonic went out and followed the figure.

Shadow looked at you and pulled you off the bed, and held you tightly. He looked at his hand and noticed it was covered in blood.
He pulled the knife out and threw it.

"Come on... Come on.. I can't lose her too..." Shadow whispered to himself.

______________