•Chapter 29•

"What is going on with Shadow the hedgehog..?" You asked yourself mentally.

Shadow noticed your silence and looked at you with worry in his eyes.

"What's with the silence (Y/N)..?" Shadow asked still not looking at you.

You quickly snapped out of your thoughts when you heard Shadow talking to you.

"H-huh oh sorry..." You said looking down and continuing to wonder what was wrong with Shadow.

But as you got caught up in your thoughts you didn't realize that it had started to get cold. You finally snapped back into reality when a gust of wind made your whole body shiver.

Shadow didn't seem to be fazed by it, due to the fact that he had fur. But he noticed you shivering and looked at you.

"Are you cold (Y/N)..?" Shadow asked, unfolding his arms and bringing them to his side.

You held your arms and blew breaths into your hands attempting to keep yourself warm.

"N-No I'm okay.. " You lied as you kept on blowing hot air into your hands.

"No your not your cold... Here come here." Shadow motioned you to come over to him.

Without thinking your body moved towards Shadow on its own. But as you moved next to him, Shadow's actions made your face turn a dark shade of red.

He wrapped his arm around your waist and brought you close to his body.

Feeling this made you actually feel warmer. His body was warm and soft. It felt like you were hugging a very soft pillow, but only better.

You felt calm, relaxed, and safe being in his arms. The feeling of his body heat next to yours made your face heat up more. But at the same time you liked it not wanting it to be over.

"Is that better..? " Shadow asked with a soft shade of pink becoming visible.

You responded with a slight nod and just stayed quiet not wanting to ruin the moment.

You both sat there in that position for at least an hour just looking at the night sky and bringing up random topics to talk about. That is until you started to fall asleep. Shadow looked at you with a small smile.

"Come on let's get you to bed.. " Shadow whispered as he picked you up and took you inside.

Shadow made his way into your room and gently set you down on the bed. By now you were already in a deep sleep. But as Shadow was about to leave he felt a hand grab on to his wrist.

You didn't want him to leave.

Shadow sighed with his cheeks warming up once more.

He sat there with you on the bed for a good 30 minutes before looking at you. He smiled at your peaceful face and how relaxed you looked when you were asleep.

And then his feelings took over again. Shadow unknowingly closed his eyes and leaned in to kiss you on the lips. As he finally did it he didn't wanna stop.

This wasn't a little peck or anything, no it was way more than that.

The kiss was passionate.

Shadow couldn't believe what he was doing. He felt that it was wrong what he was doing, but as he was about to pull away he realized that you were starting to kiss back.

He hated to do it but he had to pull away for air. But he noticed something very odd. You were still in a deep sleep. Shadow felt relieved that you weren't awake for you to see or feel it. But it also made him feel a bit disappointed as well.

Shadow threw himself down on to the bed and just sat there, starring up at the ceiling thinking.

"How am I gonna tell her...? " Shadow mentally asked himself.

______________________