•Chapter 23•

As you let Shadow hug you like this you started to cry into his shoulder.

You wept softly into his shoulder and started to break down slowly. You thought it was kind of relaxing to have a shoulder to cry on. As you kept crying softly, you felt Shadow hold you and stroke your hair. He looked at your fragile body and sighed at himself.

The both of you stayed in that position for about 5 minutes. Shadow didn't let go of you until you stopped crying and sobbing. You looked down with your hair covering your eyes and your face, you didn't want Shadow to see you like this. Even though Shadow didn't care about anyone but himself, you didn't want him to think you were more pathetic than you look.

As you were about to let go of Shadow, he did something you'd never expect him to do.

He held your hand.

You looked at Shadow with a blank expression and thought 'What's going on with him? He's never like this.. ' you thought to yourself. Shadow averted his eyes away from yours to avoid your gaze that you were giving him. As Shadow avoided your gaze he continued to hold your hand, as if trying to comfort you in a way.

Shadow kept his eyes averted from yours he didn't want his head facing yours, so he turned away. You turned your head away as well and your cheeks had a soft shade of pink in them. You both sat there in silence for about 2 to 3 minutes straight. After a while Shadow broke the silence by speaking up.

"Come on let's head back to your house.." Shadow said as he let go of your hand and stood up.

"Yeah okay..." You said as you got up and started walking with Shadow doing the same.

•Time Skip to you and Shadow in the middle of the field•

You and Shadow were both walking and currently you both were in dead silence. You kept quiet and kept your arms folded, and thought about what had happened today. As the memory of Shadow saying that they were gonna kill you popped in your head you immediately stopped walking. Shadow noticed this and looked at you.

"What is it what's wrong?" Shadow said as he looked at you.

You stood there with that memory replaying in your head over and over. It felt like it was haunting you and wouldn't go away.

"(Y/N)? Hey what is it?! What's wrong?!" Shadow yelled at you.

You felt weak in your knees and started to feel light headed. Before you knew it all you felt was your body weight dragging you down.

"(Y/N)!! Hey!!" Shadow screamed as he jumped to catch your body from falling on the floor.

"(Y/N)! What's going on with you? Just tell me what's wrong!" Shadow screamed as he held your unconscious body in his arms.

Shadow looked at you and felt his cheeks warm up from just looking at your unconscious body like this. Shadow felt like he  had a chance. He sighed and took a deep breath in before leaning in to plant a small peck on your lips.

With that Shadow closed his eyes and kissed you quickly on the lips before picking you up and leaving.

"What have I done..?" Shadow said while holding your body in his arms and walking back to your house.

_________________