Birthday Parties Crush Dreams

A/N: Guys this chapter is extremely important. So please read it. Sorry for the late update I was on Spring Break vacation in Chicago and couldn't update. Hope you guys like it.

"Rachel." My mom exclaims pulling me into her arms as if I had never left. It causes Harry to release my hand leaving it feeling empty and bare.

"What are you guys doing here?" I say when we finally pull away.

"We wanted to surprise you for your birthday, sweetheart. You didn't think we'd miss this now did you?" My dad replies pulling me into a hug. The hug feels forced but nothing between my dad and I has ever been the same since Matt died.

"It wouldn't be the first time you missed something important." I say bluntly earning a warning glare from my aunt. The whole room goes silent and a frown forms upon my fathers face. "I'm really glad you guys are here though. I've missed you." I stretch the truth pulling them both into a group hug.

"I bet you haven't missed the weather. It's beautiful here. Not rainy like Ohio." My mother says.

"I almost miss the rain to be honest." I shrug and she laughs but it's true I kind of miss home.

"So are you going to introduce me to all your new friends?" My mother finally says after a few minutes of silence.

"Oh, duh. Mom, dad. This is Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis." I say pointing to each person as I go through the line of people.

"And the young man behind you?" My father says and I shrug.

"Eh, he's not important." I say.

"Hey." Harry whines before pinching my sides. I squeal before recollecting myself and turning towards my parents.

"This is Harry," I start before connecting my hand with his. "My boyfriend." As the words roll off my lips the butterflies begin to soar in my stomach. It feels weird to be telling my parents something like this.

"Oh." My mom says her face forming an expression I've never seen before. I guess it's just my parents never thought they'd hear those words because I had always been so against relationships and crap like that.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Clyne." Harry says reaching out to shake both of their hands before reconnecting his hand with mine.

"So how do you all know each other?" My mom points to the five boys and they all exchange glances.

"Mom, they're in a band called One Direction." I say.

"Wait isn't that the boyband that you've loathed since they became popular?" My father says.

"Uh--"

"Yeah, didn't she carve I hate One Direction into her wall?" My mom turns towards my father.

"But--"

"Oh I think she even took a bunch of posters and burned them in the backyard and then--" my mom starts but I'm finally able to get a word in.

"Okay, that's enough of that. I'm hungry. Are you hungry I think we're all hungry lets eat." I say walking off into the kitchen dragging Harry close behind me. "Sorry about them." I say when we're out of ear shot.

"You burned our posters?" Harry smirks and I smack him on the chest.

"Shut up, I was youngish. Okay it was like last year but still." I say picking up a bun for my hamburger.

"You're cute when your frustrated." He says and I blush.

"And you're annoying." I say.

"I expected something more along the lines of you're hot when your frustrated but whatever. We both know you were thinking it." Harry says and I stick my tongue out at him. Tonight will be fun.