Awake

~I know, it's a little rushed, but it will get better! - lokikatie~

Loki's POV

"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice getting quiet.

"This has never happened before to a Midgardian, Prince Loki," the Head Doctress says, clasping her hands. I glare at her for using prince.

"What has never happened?" I ask, frowning. My heart pounds, and I feel dizzy.

"She is aging at extraordinary rates."

"What in the name of Odin?" I whisper, earning a chastising glare from my mother.

"Her appearance will not change, and she will live the lifespan of you. She is actually nearing your very age," the Doctress says.

"How?"

"This only happens when one knows that something is doomed. Perhaps,  Prince Loki, she feels something bad is going to happen."

I stand quietly for a moment,  staring at the pale, beautiful face of Katie. Her breathing quickens and her hands lay flat on the table. Frost starts to spread in intricate patterns, frightening the Doctresses.

"I think her coma is dissipating," the Doctress says. Katie's eyelids flutter open, giving me shivers. The frost stops spreading and she looks around, scared. Her mouth is open in a silent scream. I rush over, curling my fingers around hers. She looks at me, relaxing. Katie opens her mouth to talk, but no words come out.

Can you hear me? I hear in my head.

Yes, my love.

Good, my voice is gone, she tells me. I smile gently at her.  Frigga clears her throat.

"Is her voice gone?" she asks me as the Doctresses walk out. I nod, picking Katie up gently.

I want to walk. Can I walk?

Good heavens, you sound like a child.

I love you, too, Loki. She smirks sweetly at me. Frigga clears her throat again, apparently feeling awkward.

"Can you make her voice come back? I've been dreadfully bored, since Thor is busy with Janey, and Sif is no company. Odin is awfully deep in some sort of problem, and to be honest Loki, women are more lovely company," my mother says.

I can talk to you like this, Katie thinks to Frigga. Even though it was for Frigga, I can still hear it.

"Oh, dearie me. That is new and terrificly draining, I think I shall lay down now," Frigga says. My mother was never a fan of mind speaking.

I see a faint glow coming from the birdcage necklace. Of course, the thing is enchanted. The glow surrounds Katie, and she lets herself out of my arms onto the floor. She wobbles a bit, but straightens herself. She smiles at me, encasing me in her arms. I hug her back, feeling her slightly warm body against mine.

She kisses me on the lips and I kiss her back passionately. We stand in each other's loving embrace, oblivious to the world around.

×*×*×*×*×