Chapter 27: Don't change me

hii so i got some inspiration, and i hope you guys enjoy :)

don't forget to comment and vote, if you liked it.

songs used for this chapter:

"Collide" by: Howie Day

"Same Love" by: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

~

~Hailey's POV~

I made myself comfortable in the grass before i picked up my pencil and opened up my notebook. Before I knew it, I began writing a letter to Hunter.

Hunter, 

I hope you're okay, and I hope the prison life isn't too hard on you. Of course I'd never know because I've never been there. I'm just checking up on you. If you have time, maybe you could write me back? No, my mom is not forcing me to write this letter to you. I actually suggested. Your parents called us today, to see how you were. Dad wasn't exactly proud or happy when he found out you ended up in prison... again. But then again screw him, he did leave both of our families. Hopefully no one has made your next two years in jail painful. I know it's only been a few days and I know this odd coming from me, but I miss you. Yes, I said it okay? I'm sure you miss me too, or I hope so. But now you know, to behave better around cops. I hope they catch the person that was with you but ran. In my opinion they deserve worse than you, you didn't do anything. I don't see what you got in trouble.  I hope you can write me back.

-Hailey

Feeling satisfied I re-read over my letter a couple of times before I sighed and closed my eyes. He was my brother, and I did care about him, but I wanted to know what and who made him this way. I recall a time where he was pleasant to be around. I know people change, but someone can't simply make a 360 change of their personality. I don't get it, and maybe I never will. I-

"Hailey!"

I looked up from my note to find Jc, was the one who interrupted my thoughts, he came over and sat in front of me. "I'm taking you out" He announced.

"I'm busy. I'm sorry"

He pouted before replying, "No, you're coming with me. I already asked your mom and she said yes, so you have to go" He smiled.

'Where are you taking me?" I asked.

He smiled, as he held up a picnic basket. "I'm glad you asked, You and I are going for a picnic on the beach. So what do you say? I even packed us swimwear just in case you wanted to swim. So what do you say? Let's get out of here for a bit. It will take your mind off things. And we're in order of a proper date"

"Hmm, I don't know Jc..."

"Please! You need out of here, I know you do. C'mon let's get out of town. Please?" He asked, as he pouted his lips.

"You're so cute, okay fine. Let me go get my jacket, I'll meet you in 2 minutes okay?" I asked, as i kissed his cheek as i stood up.

"I'll be in the car" He smiled, as i ran inside.

"So you said 'yes'?" My mom asked.

"Yes, mom have you seen my blue jacket?"

"Here sweetie, now i want you two to have fun tonight, there is no rush alright? You both need a proper date. Have fun Hailey" She smiled, as she tossed my blue jacket to me.

"Phone?" I asked.

"Here" She tossed the phone.

"Thanks mom,could you do me a favor while I'm gone?"