Chapter 14

**Karina**

So lately I've gotten bigger and Zoe has been at practice almost  everyday for hours. I don't mind because this is his dream. But today is my baby shower me and Mony had it planned out already. So I have to get me and Neveah dressed. We had already brushed out teeth and took showers. Neveah had gotten bigger.

I then got ready and then put on a nude colored dress and some sandles

I was ready and it was time to go

I was ready and it was time to go. Me and Neveah got in the car.

"Mama I'm hungry." Neveah said

"We'll eat at the baby shower." I said

Me and Neveah hadn't ate because we would eat at the baby shower. It would be a waste to eat at home then waste food at the baby shower.

We arrived at the venue and hopped out. When we went inside every one screamed. I just smiled and Mony came and placed a sash around around me. I was lead to a chair where I got to open gifts and we played games. We also had tons of food and now I noticed that Zoe wasn't here. I mean not many people were here. Devin, Mony, Lauryn, a boy named Rocky, his son Keenan and Devin's parents. But this is our baby he should be here. I don't know it whatever he has things to do so I'm not gonna worry. This was my family whether he's there or not. I would enjoy myself.

"Guys it's time for the gender reveal!!" I said

I basically would have everyone close their eyes and have balloons fall.  They would be blue because I'm having a boy but everyone would be surprised. Then I had a huge blue cake saying its a boy.

"So I need everyone to close your eyes. When I say so you can open!!" I said

Everyone closed there eyes and I waited to make sure no one was cheating.

"Ok 1.... 2.... 3.... Open!!!" I said

All the people opened there eyes and all the girls screamed when they saw the balloons. Everyone came and hugged me. Then some guys wheeled the cake out so we could have some.

"Yesssss imma have a nephew, girl!" Mony said

Then Devin came and hugged me.

"I know your worried about Zoe not being here but I gotchu. He told me to say sorry."

"Tell him it's ok." I said

Me and Devin talked a little more then it was time to go. Mony and Devin said that they would help me clean and help pack my babies gifta to my house.

**Zoe**

Man I feel bad that I couldn't go to the baby shower. I was at practice working hard. I don't think Karina would mind because she supports me but I still feel guilty. Karina is such a good person that she doesn't ever let people get to her and she sometimes let people walk over her. But that's my baby nonetheless. When I got out the shower at practice I got dressed and went home. When I got there Devin's car and Karina's car was here. I saw Devin carrying some things and Mony taking a sleeping Neveah in the house. I parked and went to help. We grabbed all of the babies clothes and things and me and Devin took them to the room that the baby would stay in. Karina was going to help but I told her no. I don't need her carrying heavy things and getting hurt. So she just sat there watching. Mony came downstairs and cut some cake and gave it to Karina. I guess she knows that Karina is supposed to eat something.

So while Karina was eating this big ass peice of cake she started crying out of nowhere.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked

She was still eating which was funny but I didn't wanna laugh because she might get mad

"What's wrong babe?" Mony asked I mugged her hard as hell

Then she mugged me back. Then Devin went over and hugged Karina. She was crying on his shoulder and I don't even know why. They had a conversation about something that I couldn't here then she was happy again. She was back to normal.

"Can you get me another peice?" Karina asked Devin

"I gotchu." He said

He walked in the kitchen and I followed him.

"Why was she crying?" I asked

"She said she was just happy and that the cake was good." He said cutting her cake

"What did you say that made her calm down?" I asked confused

"That it was that time in life to be happy and that when that cake is gone I would buy her more." He said shrugging his shoulders

It's crazy how he didn't like her and now he would do anything for her. She has that effect on people.

"Man remember when you couldn't stand her?" I said laughing

"Yeah bro. Now whatever she wants I got it for her. She's like a sister that I always wanted. I can say that she has a half of my heart and Mony has the other. On some real shit." He said walking out and handing Karina her cake

She looked hungry but tired. She wasnt going to bed until she finished her cake

"I'm heading out." Devin said

Mony stood after hugging Karina and me. Devin did our handshake and he went to hug Karina.