Chapter 21

**Karina**

Me and my kids woke up and then I drove to IHOP so we could eat before we went to our new house. We were eating when Zoe called me.

Me- Hello

Zoe- Where are you and my kids?

Me- We good so don't worry about us.

Zoe- I just want to tell you that I can't do a relationship right now. I love you but I don't wanna hurt you

Me- Cool I dont care

Zoe- Oh for real?

I hung up. I don't care that he don't wanna be with me. He don't love he wanna be free. And I'm cool with that. He can see Jr and Neveah but me and him are done. I'm single and I can talk to whoever I want.

"Come on y'all let's go." I said and paid the bill

We then drove to the apartment and I did everything I had to do to get my apartment. When I was finished we were settled. We didn't have furniture so tonight we would have to make pallets. I heard a knock at the door so I went to see who it was. I opened the door and I saw Devin come in with men that had a lot of furniture. They had 3 bed sets and some living and dining room furniture. Now one man was carrying something as he was so fine.

"Uhh where do you want me to put this?" The man said

"In the living room please." I swear he has me in a daze

"My name is Donnie and you?" Donnie said

"I um my name is um Karina." I said sounding dumb as hell

He laughed.

"Well I'll see you around Karina. If you need anything here's my number." He handed me a piece of paper

When all my  furniture was in place Devin paid the men and they left.

"Devin you don't have to do this." I said

"I know but I wanted to. I can't stand to see my sister in the cold ground with her kids and I know Zoe wouldn't do it." Devin said

He was right but I don't want him thinking that I need help all the time.

"Well I gotta go I love y'all." He said and gave me and my kids a hug

"I love you to Devin." I said and then he left.

Zoe

Man where is Karina with my kids. I don't even wanna be with her but she got my kids. And I know y'all probably wondering  why I'm acting like this and it s because she don't give a nigga head. Yes that's the truth she don't give me head and I'm sick of it.  Anyways Ima find me girl that does give me head. Well Neveah ain't mines but I love her like she is. Ima call Devin to see if he knows because now a days they been to peas in a pod.

PHONE CALL

Me- Wassup man have you seen Karina?

Devin- Yes why

Me- Thanks man I been looking  I been looking for her. Where is she?

Devin- I'm not telling you nigga

This nigga just hung up in my face. I don't know what his problem is but he better fix it.

Karina

Right now me and Donnie are talking and having a good time. He's been telling me about him self and I've been telling him about me. And he's so funny And serious at the same time. Like seriously. He's the perfect guy.

Anyways I got dressed and Im about to take the kids to Zoe's so I can go get a another job. They were already dressed.

I curled my hair because first impressions are everything

I curled my hair because first impressions are everything. Then I heard a knock at the door. As I opened it I saw Zoe. As he found me I don't know.

He pushed me out of the door way. I literally almost fell. I don't know what has gotten into but he didn't have to push me that hard.
"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Shut the fuck up." He said

He looked like he was high and he damn sure ain't taking my kids acting like that.

"Get they shit together." He yelled
"Your not taking my kids." When I said that I regretted it

He grabbed me by my throat and pushed me to the wall.

"I wasn't asking bitch."

As if perfect timing Devin was calling and thank God Zoe didn't notice. So I answered the phone and scream. Which I shouldn't have done because in return I got punched in the face. Then Neveah ran downstairs and saw me bleeding. She started crying really loud. When she did that Zoe's whole demeanor changed. As if he came back to himself. He looked at me like he didn't know why I was laid out on the ground bleeding.

"Go upstairs." I told Neveah as loudly as I could

Zoe dropped down in front of me and he looked hurt. I wonder what made him do what he did.

As if on cue, Devin walked in and Zoe tried to explain himself.

"Mann that bitch laced my shit." He put his head in his hands

Devin pushed him out the way. If Zoe didn't say what he said right then, stating it another his fault, Devin would have beat his ass.  I'm also glad that no blood got on my clothes because I'm still wearing this.

I got up and went to the kitchen to clean myself up. I've taken harder beatings than that so I'll manage. Zoe was still shook. He was more hurt than me and I was the only one physically hurt.

"Devin can you take the kids I have shit to do." I said and I grabbed my purse

"Get out." I said to Zoe

"But that wasn't me. This girl laced my shit." Zoe said

"I know. Get out." I said he looked hurt but sure enough he got up and got out