Loss

I walked back to the quarters slowly.
Not saying that I am interested or anything but, I'm interested. What could that boy possible do to convince his unflappable father to let me go. For a second time as well.
Arranged marriage can't be the only thing.

My heart started to hurt at the thought of having to serve at Zuko's wedding. Especially with Mai.
When I reached the door of the quarters room. I already heard murmurs from the other side. I opened the door to see people crowded around my bed.

Toph ran up to me quickly and hugged me. "She's gone." She whispered. I pushed her back to see her face.
Toph's face was red and puffy. "What are you-?" I turned to my bed where 13 people was crowded.
They all parted so I could see a knife stabbed into the mattress.
Connected to the knife was a small slip of paper. I raised my hand to my mouth and my eyes started watering.
I walked slowly to my bed and took the knife from my bed. I looked at the small piece of paper.

Your turn

I read the phrase over and over in my head. I dropped the knife back on my bed and fell to my knee's "Suki?" I sobbed and Toph put her hand on my shoulder.

Why would someone do this? Why would Azula kill someone? I know she's bad but I didn't think she would kill someone.

I stood up and crumbled the paper. Haru walked to the group. "Katara? Are you okay?" He pulled me into a hug, I leaned against his shoulder.

"She killed Suki." I sobbed in his arm.

"Who?" He said.
I growled "Azula." I gripped the fabric of his shirt.
"How do you know?" He said softly.

"Because!" I pulled out of his grip. "Since I got out of another execution. She told me she would kill her and Toph so I agreed to admit that I killed the Fire lady. When I got out of the execution she must have taken Suki." I turned to Toph who was crossing her arms and leaning against the pole of the bed.

"That means your next." I walked closer to Toph. She looked at the floor. "We need to get out of here." I said.

Both Haru and Toph turned to me quickly. "What?!" They both said in sync.

"That's right. I'm leaving. You don't have to come but I'm out of here." Toph stepped forward and shook are head.
"No no. I'm coming." She said.
"Then I'm coming too." Haru sighed. "Your going to get us killed." He walked over to my bed and picked up the knife that was stabbed in the center.

"Then why are you coming along?" I threw my hands up. I mainly just wanted to get out of the fire nation by my self, I don't want to bring a whole party but I will have too. But the fewer the people the better. If he doesn't want to die he shouldn't come in the first place.

"I would rather die trying than stay here for the rest of my life." He held the knife so close to his face it could have cut off his nose.

I looked down to the floor. I was starting to rethink the idea. This is ridiculous, I come up with this crazy idea because of the death of a dear friend. I've already lived threw three heartbreaking deaths. And I have to leave it at that.  "I don't know guys we'll see." I whispered.
Their eyes filled with worry

All this talk about death is making me sick, I feel like this took a dark turn.

I shrugged and walked to the showers.

Suki was always such a great friend, it hurts so much to see that knife on my bed. Azula is treating this like a game, and if she wants me to move, I'll teach her how to play.