Chapter 31 - Planning for the Big Day

After a couple of days from reconnecting with their friends and family back in Ponyville, while also taking part in all of Pinkie Pie's parties just like they promised, Ford Mustang and Rainbow Dash are finally getting started with planning their big wedding event. In their living room, the coffee table is littered with various notes, flyers, and pamphlets. Rainbow is lazily reclined to one end of the cloudy sofa while on the other side of their couch, Ford is glued to a revised checklist that he's been scribbling on his notepad for quite some time.

"Okay, let's go over this one more time." he notifies his bored-out-of-her-mind fiancée.

As expected, Rainbow groans from having to endure this tediousness as she whines without even getting up, "Do we have to? If we need somepony to check it over again, we could have gone to Twilight for that!"

With a witty smile, he responds, "Okay then, perhaps you would like to take care of all the planning and paperwork instead of me."

Her ears perk up before she stares at her smirking partner with the "are-you-serious" look on her face. Without putting up much of a fight on that subject, she gives in with a roll of her eyes as she smirks right back, "Sigh... Carry away, Mr. Wedding Planner."

After she slides closer to him, Ford smiles over her cooperation as he goes over the finalized checklist one last time. "Okay so... we'll have our wedding in Canterlot Castle as our sign of our appreciation for the Princesses taking care all of our expenses."

"Uh-huh."

"Vinyl and Octavia will be in charge of music."

"Yep."

"Pinkie Pie will take care of the wedding cake as well as reception party, of course."

"Of course." she smirks knowingly.

"Fluttershy will help out with the flower arrangements."

"Sure."

"Applejack will be in charge of all the food the event will cater towards."

"Mm-hmm..." she concurs as she eagerly licks her chops over the grand feast in mind.

"Twilight Sparkle will conduct the wedding ceremony for us."

"Heh, won't she be surprised."

"And Rarity will undoubtedly be the one to create all of the dresses for you and the bridesmaids."

"Right, so now we've finally agreed on everything, what's the next step from here?"

"Well then... how about we visit some of our friends and discuss them on what we have planned so far?"

Excited to go outside for a change, she agrees, "Yeah, sounds good!" But as they get up from their seats, Rainbow nearly forgets something she wants to discuss first before they head out. "Oh wait, Ford! We forgot one other thing!"

"What's that, Rainbow?" he asks as they sit back down.

"My... maid of honor." she answers hesitantly.

"Oh... right. I guess you have a tough choice to make there, huh?"

"Actually, I reduced my choices down to two ponies thankfully. But it's still so hard to decide from there." she confirms rather halfheartedly.