chapter one(Will's POV)

Ever want to know what it's like to live forever?
I'll give you a piece of advice.
It isn't at all what it seems.

You think,"Oh, hey, I'll get to live for an eternity? Sounds like a great bargain!"

I'm telling you right now not to fall for that stupid gimmick, because youre going to end up in a lot of pain. And it's not just limited to physical pain.
It's mental. Emotional.

It's why after 200 years worth of wives I've stopped marrying.
I've had to watch them all whither away and die like the flowers that I used to buy for them. Some lost their memory. Some went peacefully in their sleep. One I got into a car accident with on the way home from a club.

She died.

I'm still here.

Walking around aimlessly with no real purpose in my life.

A bunch of businesses in my various aliases over the years, never showing my face at board meetings, trying to make it seem like I'm the boss' son or something when I'm not.

Any other person would be happy with my life. I'm rich, and I've got eternal youth. What more could a person want?

Oh, I don't know, to live like a normal human being for once? Not having to worry about my true identity being revealed? Or how about being able to grow grey and wrinkled? Or how about actually dying?
Yeah, you heard me correctly.

Dying.

For the past I don't know, 100 years, I've been trying more and more creative ways to die.

Most, if not all ranged from the stupid, to downright crazy.

I even pissed off the mob in the 1920's in hopes that they'd make me... well, swim with the fishes.

Unfortunately, tying cement bricks to my ankles and dropping me in the ocean wasnt enough. I woke up the next morning alive and well with several schools of fish swimming around me like I wasn't even there.
I managed to escape my bonds, and was rescued by some friendly , yet perplexed, fishermen several days later, much to my disappointment.

Just in case it's not clear immortality sucks.

And the worst part about it is that I never even got a say in the matter.

I was born this way.

And I didn't even know why.