chapter 22(will)

I didn't want to be here.

God knows I didn't.
I made up every excuse in the book, but Hannah wasn't having it.

She definitely reminded me of someone, despite her usual meek demeanor.

"Mr. Larson, "she had said, "you have no choice in the matter, Ill drag you myself if you have to."

"Oh?" I responded, "is that so, Ms.Ferguson? I never imagined that you'd suddenly become so assertive. Is there a man in your life that prompted this change? Jeremy from financing I assume?"

Hannah's face immediately went red, and I knew that she was flustered.And also confirming my suspicions.

Ah, there she is.

"J-j-just go already!You're going to make us all look bad!"she stammered out,before closing the door behind her.

But as much as I didn't want to, I already knew that one way or another this day would come.

We had been working along with Lux for far too long, this whole situation was inevitable.

I had to go and meet my hopefully future employees.

And one employee in particular didn't want to see my face.

Shit.

I masked my own anxiety at these thoughts as I entered the building along with several of the other higher ups, greeted by an older man with a full head of grey hair.

"Good morning everyone, welcome to Lux!I'm Thomas Garrett, the manager for our public relations department.I apologize but, Mr.Baxter, our CEO is out at the moment. If you'd like, I can arrange for you to speak with the vice president of the company before the tour of our facilities?"

"That won't be necessary, Mr.Garrett. we'd like to see how Lux runs...without executives pulling the wool over our eyes." I stated, firmly, and Garrett inhaled sharply as if I had offended him in the worst way possible.

"And why, may I ask, do you feel this way, Mr-"

"Larson. William Larson. I feel strongly about making wise investments with my company,of course!"

Garrett looked at me, then back at the other execs his jaw slack with surprise. Its obvious that he was expecting someone.... Older.

" so, Mr. Garrett, where do we start?"