Chapter 17 Shifts

Edith's POV

I sat on one of the logs with Emily next to me.

"I wanted to stay with China!" I whined.

"Shush! Be quiet unless you want people to find us!" Emily scolded.

I frowned and shut my mouth.

"Look, I'm sorry. But I don't want to die on the first day of war." Emily sighed. "It's okay."

We continued to sit there in the dark. Just the two of us.

"Hey, how long has it been?" I asked.

"About ten minutes." Emily said.

I nodded and looked around.

"Can I at least go check on them? You know I have other things to use for battle." I said, raising my hand as vines sprouted from the ground.

"I don't care. I'm almost useless if you're not here!" Emily mumbled. She was right. A weapon is almost useless without a miester during battle.

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "I just love Hetalia."

"I know. And I'm sorry I snapped." Emily apologized. I nodded and the two of us sat there in silence for the next fifty minutes.

Timeskip

Paige's POV

I sat on the dirt floor, yawing. My miester, Jennifer, was sitting on a log. She looked as if she was daydreaming.

"You okay?" I asked her.

Jennifer shook her head and looked at me.

"Yeah. I was just lost in thought, I guess." Jennifer mumbled. "What were you thinking about?"

Jennifer face suddenly went from happy to worried. "War, blood, corruption, darkness." Jennifer mumbled. "Oh." was all I could say.

"I'm just worried. War is here. I'm still so young, and now I can easily just die in a matter of minutes." my miester muttered.

I nodded. "Yeah. That's true."

We sat there is silence.

"Well, I'll still protect you when we're in battle. I am your weapon, Jennifer. That means I will sacrifice my life for yours." I said.

"No! If you died because of me, I'll never forgive myself!" Jennifer exclaimed.

"I'll die protecting you." I smiled. Jennifer nodded and smiled. We continued to sit there, waiting for the hour to be up.

Timeskip

Noah's POV

I sat there, alone, on a log. I pointed my finger up and gazed at the small electric sparks I was creating. Before all hell broke loose, I was training at the Fairy Tail base. I was learning lighting magic. I continued creating small sparks. It reminded me of the shocks I would give my friends, Tommy and Clark, before the training.

Flashback

"Psst! Tommy!"

Tommy turned around before I touched him, giving him a shock.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Tommy frowned.

I shrugged. "I don't control static electricity."

"You guys need to quit playing around with that." Clark told us as he walked up to where we were standing. Tommy and I just looked at each other before rubbing our feet on the carpet and touching Clark.