Chapter 10

Chapter Title: "I..."
Warning: cute as hell (Sorry it's short)

First Person POV (Hinata)

"Well?" Kageyama said, awaiting an answer.
"Uhm, sorry...i'm just thinking." I mumbled and continued to stare at the sky. I still hadn't come up with anything. To be honest I was stalling.
"I can wait." He said, also turning his focus to the sky. "It means I get to spend more time with you."
I look at him blankly. How can he just come out with things like that. It's like my heart goes all squee and he doesn't even have to try.
Part of me always knew. Always wanted Kageyama in some way or another. But with the little understanding I had I couldn't bring myself to admit it. He's always been more than a friend, more than a partner. He knows me better than anyone. I've always found myself gravitating towards him in the weirdest situations but I refused to let myself cave. I needed some kind of reassurance, something to tell me it was okay. That it was okay to have feelings for Kageyama.
Feelings.
I was about to confess my feelings to Kageyama. I wasn't as nervous as I should have been. I hoped that this time I was right. I hoped that Kageyama really was my soulmate. I looked towards him and found him staring right back at me. The dim light of the moon lit up his face only slightly, but enough for me to see he looking at me like a piece of art. His mouth slightly open and his eyes fixed onto mine.
"Kageyama..." I started.
"Hmm?" He replied, encouraging me to continue.
"The last year at Karasuno has been full of so much stuff that my head would explode if I try to even begin to remember it all. We've played to many matches, been so many places, done so many things but..." I paused to breathe. "When I do think about the past year and things that have been good...you're always the first thing to come to mind, you've always been there when things were good. You've been by my side on the court and off. You've been my friend and more. We argue and fight so much, we beat each other up but to be honest..." I look at him. "I wouldn't trade you for anyone because..." I stop, preparing myself for what i'm about to say.
"I think i'm in love with you Tobio" I said, biting my bottom lip waiting to be screamed at and called a freak.
"You what?" Kageyama said, sounding shocked. "You mean it?" he said, sitting up and edging closer to me. "You really really mean it? You love me?"
I nod. "I do..." I said, looking down at the damp grass. I keep looking down, he doesn't say anything. Oh God...i've messed up haven't I. Suddenly i'm pushed onto the ground and I find myself looking up at Kageyama. His legs on either side of mine and his hands on either side of my head.
"W-what?" I asked, concerned about what he's about to do. Was he about to punch me? He doesn't say anything , only leans down, closes his eyes and connects our lips. I lose my breath almost instantly. The kiss is sweet and soft and lasts a while. I keep my eyes open the entire time and look at his eyes, waiting for them to open. Once they do he doesn't blush. Unlike me who's 47 new shades of red. He just smiles a bigger smile than i've ever seen before and says...
"I'm in love with you too Shoyou."
My eyes lit up and I pulled him into an extremely tight hug.
"Does this mean we're boyfriends?" I asked innocently.
"I would like that." He replied, his voice muffled by how deep it was buried into my neck.
We both lay on the grass for a while. The night gets darker and we decide we should part ways and head home. We don't want to, we both wish we could lie like this forever and have no one ever disturb us. But the park has been closed for ages now and if we get caught Daichi will ban us from the club for months. We pack up our many things and walk hand in hand all the way to the intersection where we have to split, sadly. We do this every day. We always part ways like this but this time it felt, different. Good different. It felt good. Kageyama lets go of my hand I rest it on my bike that i've been struggling to keep steady from the park to here. I wave goodbye and start to walk away only to be stopped only seconds later.
"Wait." Kageyama said, walking back over to me. He leant down and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight."
I smiled and repeated back to him "Goodnight".
As we walked away I felt my heart swell. I felt the butterflies that the books and movies talked about. I felt love. I finally understood.