Chapter 1-Tobias POV

I blink rapidly, trying to blink away my mothers words. Suddenly, I feel lightheaded. Someone's pacing around me.

I jolt up and realize that I'm on a cold hospital bed.

Christina?

    "Four!"

I'm right, it's Christina. I look around the room and realize that I'm in a hospital room.

"What the hell is happening?"

Christina smiles sadly, "You've been in your landscape for 2 and a half days, Four." She waits for my response. I let out a shaky breath, and put on a neutral face, not wanting to show Christina my pain.

"You met with Johanna and Evelyn, remember?"

I nod a slightly.

"You didn't follow Peter back. Instead you went to Erudite, and grabbed a syringe. You injected yourself with it, Four. It was a newly developed serum. Caleb synthesized it, apparently time moves faster in your fear landscape in that serum that in reality."

"How do you know that?" I say in a cold one, trying to hurry her up. All I want to know is what happened to Tris. I don't care about myself right now. Tris is first, then me.

"Evelyn followed you."

I clench my hands into fists, at the sound of her name, then they relax when I remember our conversation. "She found you, and brought you to the infirmary."

    Then I remembered what seemed like two years in my fear landscape,

All I can register after that is Tris, stiff body, laying limply on a table. My heart crushes into fragments and I jump up from the bed. I finally see how tall I am compared to Christina, I tower over her.

Good. Intimidation gets more answers.

    "Where's Tris?"

    And Christina backs away a little and stammers, "She's been delirious, for a few days now."

I process what she says in a millisecond, "She's alive?"

My heart skips a beat, and I feel as if the weight of the world has been removed from my shoulders. When you lose someone you realize how much they truly mean to you, the fact that I get a second chance with her means the world.

Footsteps grow close to the open door, and a dark haired boy, walks into the room.

Caleb.

"She's awake! Wait, Four, you're  awake!"

"Where is she?" I scowl clamping my teeth together. I fight back the urge to punch him.

"In the next room follow me." Caleb says backing away.

When I step out of the hospital room with Christina trailing behind me I make out two faces. Uriah, Zeke? Uriah's alive? I hypervenalate and fall back against the wall. People I thought were once gone forever. The joy and sadness overflow and I clutch my head. Uriah looks at me smirking, "Is the legendary Four finally awake?"

I crack a small smile, "I guess I am."

Caleb tugs my arm and my joy goes down a notch. I brag his hand and squeeze it until I hear a crack. Then I let go of his limp arm. He whimpers and tries clenching his hand, and winces.

"Stop being such a Pansycake!" It's Uriah again.

"Tris is in there." Caleb points to the door across the hallway with his other hand.

I immediately run to the door violently to see and blond fragile girl laying on a bed.

Tris. My Tris. Six.

I rush to her side.