Chapter 10-Tobias POV

We are at the Choosing Ceremony. There is about a hundred sixteen year olds in here. Me and Tris take a seat in the dauntless tables.

Evalyn took Max's place in the Choosing ceremony.

"Today is a Great Day for all the Factions. As you know I have let all the Factionless Choose what faction they want to join. We have 3 sixteen year old factionless members here today." she smiles a fake smile, our eyes meet. She goes on about the process of which each person will puncture there hand with a knife and hold it over the bowl that represents which faction they want to join. Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless, Erudite.

They go one by one alphabetical order. We have four new members so far. One of the people in catch my eye, a factionless girl she keeps pacing back and forth in line. She's nervous, when it's her turn to choose Evalyn announces her name:

"Abigail Rhine" she says

Her hand shakes as she gets the knife and plunges it into her hand. She holds it there too long. One second, two seconds, finally she takes it out and winces. She holds it out in between all the bowls. Blood drips down her hand.

Hurry up! I think and finally her blood drips on burning coals she chooses Dauntless. She doesn't look happy though.

She keeps her head down and walks to our table and sits down. We meet eyes for a second and she quickly looks away.

Her light brown hair falls in her face and she brushes it away. I don't know what it is about her, maybe she reminds me of Tris. I turn around and squeeze Tris's hand in mine. She looks up at me.

"Do you think I'll be a good instructor?"she whispers

"Yes, yes I do."

Three more sixteen year olds choose dauntless. Together we have eight.

2 Erudite

1 Factionless

3 Candor

2 Amity

9 Dauntless

The other two factionless choose Amity. We don't get any Abnegation. No Stiffs.