Chapter 20-Tris POV

I write the pairs Uriah made for the fight today. It will be only me and Uriah, because of the incident.

Joseph Landon

Mary Cael

Rose Lacy

Samuel Abigail

Tobias will talk to Christina about it after the initiates break for Lunch tomorrow.

I've seen Erudite fight, their good! Do you learn how to fight in Erudite? I remember the fight between Peter and me, how was he so good?

Uriah comes in and puts a hand on my shoulder, I shrug him off.

"They're coming in" I whisper.

Joseph, Samuel, and Rose come in. Followed by Mary, and Cael. Finally Landon and Lacy, helping a limping Abigail coming in.

"What happened?" I ask

"Last night someone beat her up!" Landon said letting Abigail lean against the wall "She couldn't see who it was though, I woke up to a scream coming from the cafeteria."

Joseph and Samuel turn around 'talking' to hide there grins. Peter had done that to me.

"You are going to rest for the rest of the day, Lacy take her to the infirmary." I say

"Today, you will be fighting each other. You will do this everyday for the next week. This is the first part of initiation, there are three. This will be rated the least for your final scores. There are eight of you, two will not make it and will live factionless." I say

"When does the fight end?" Asks Mary.

"When someone drops, and is unable to continue." I answer. "The list of who you will be fighting today is posted behind me. Since Abigail won't be able to continue today, Samuel won't fight." I step out of the way so they can see who they will be fighting.

Landon has a dark look on his face as he and Joseph make there way to the arena.

They circle each other, Joseph makes his move. He swings his foot at Landons feet and he falls down. Joseph jumps on him and starts punching his face. Landons nose starts bleeding. I want to go do something, but I can't. Landons finally stands up. No Landon the more your conscious the more pain you'll be in!

Joseph finally wins. I drag Landon to the infirmary. I come back and underline Josephs name. At the end its:

Joseph Landon

Mary Cael

Rose Lacy

Samuel Abigail

Abigail will fight tomorrow.