hustle

Keith

august 30th, 8:30am
"Aye Keith! Congrats on the win yesterday my son!" Elijah exclaimed, dapping me up as I approached them by my locker. I laughed and greeted the rest of them.

"Thanks y'all." I smiled at them.

"There's a party on Saturday that Alexandra is throwing. You down to go?" Luke asked me. I shrugged.

"The cheerleader Alexandra? The fine one with the nice ass?" Algee asked, for clarification.

"Yeah bruh." Elijah confirmed.

"Oh hell yeah then. Her parties are always lit." Algee said.

"If I can find someone to watch my little sister then I'll go." I told them.

"A'ight bet."

The bell then rang and we all went our separate ways to class. I headed towards my AP Bio class and took my seat in the back. After getting my homework and notebook out, I waited on Mr. McConnel to start his lesson. The second bell rang and he was about to start writing on the board when someone rushed in late.

"Sorry, I'm late." She announced. I took a good look at her. She was tan skinned with a head full of hair. She was dressed in a simple sweater and jeans with some flats and was still absolutely gorgeous.

 She was dressed in a simple sweater and jeans with some flats and was still absolutely gorgeous

"Are you new?" Mr. McConnel asked her. She shook her head.

"No sir, just a schedule change." She said to him, handing him her new schedule. She looked over at the class and glanced around the room.

"Okay," he paused to take a look at the paper for her name, "Jasmine. Take a seat in front of Keith." He pointed. I sent a small smile her way and she nodded, walking over to the desk in front of me as Mr. McConnel started his lesson.

-

Class passed by and I caught up with Jasmine just as she was walking out the door.

"Jasmine, wait up." I called out to her. She turned back and looked at me as we walked.

"Can I uh, see your new schedule?" I asked her, scratching the back of my neck. She nodded and pulled it out of her purse.

"Ah so you have AP Bio, A lunch, French and Art with me as well." I smiled. Her eyes met mine.

"Well I guess I'll see you later then," she said with a closed lip smile, taking the schedule from me. "Bye, Keith."

"Bye, Jasmine." I said as I watched her leave.

"Aye Keith, c'mon bruh, we waiting on you." Woody said as he placed his hands on my shoulders, frightening me.

"Dammit Wood, you scared me." I said, taking a breath and putting my hand to my chest.

"If you wasn't so busy, staring shawty down, you wouldn't have gotten scared. Now shut up and let's go." Bryshere said as the three of us walked to Pre-Calc.

Lunch rolled around rather quickly and I found myself looking for Jasmine.

"Yo Keith, where yo focus at bruh?" Luke asked as he tapped my arm.

"I think my son just found his first love." Elijah joked, pointing at Jasmine.

"Do any of y'all know her?" I asked the boys, turning my attention towards them.

"I know her friend, Jada. They all on the dance team." Algee answered.

"How come I ain't never seen her before?" I asked, looking at her smiling with her friends.

"Because she real lowkey. She ain't ever in drama but all these females despise her for some reason. Shawty bad." Algee said.

She sure as hell is.

-

7:32 pm

While helping Kalani with her homework while our mom was out doing God knows what, my phone started to ring.

"Wassup Tre." I answered, walking into the hallway away from Kalani.

"Wassup young blood. I got something for you." He said.

"Alright, what is it?"

"I need you to make 3 drops." He told me. I nodded as if he could see me.

"Where?" I asked him, scratching my chin.

"You'll be driving 'round the deep parts of yo city. I'll text you the numbers and meet up spots. Think you can complete it for me?" He asked. I sighed and looked back at Kalani in the living room.

"Yeah, I gotchu. How much ima make tonight?" I asked.

"Should be 'bout $250 to $300. If you don't make at least $250, call me and I'll handle it." He said.

"A'ight, bet."

"Bet." He said, before hanging up. I looked at my phone seeing the message pop up with the three different numbers and locations and ran my tongue over my lip. I locked my phone and went back in the room with Kalani.

"Who was that on the phone?" She asked as she worked on her math problem. I started to play with one of the braids in her pigtails.

"Just a friend of mine. I have something to do later tonight, so I'm gonna bring you over Ms. Jackie's house. I'll get you when I'm done okay?" I told her. She nodded.

"Do you know if mommy's coming home tonight?" She asked, innocently. I sighed.

"No babygirl, I don't. But you don't worry about that okay? Let's finish your homework and get you fed and cleaned up." I told her, kissing her cheek. She nodded and smiled.

I'm gonna get us out of here.

fin.