missing you

3 weeks later, march 15th..

Keith

Jasmine and I have not spoken to each other since the incident in the park. Everyday since then feels like a legit drag. It's back to square one with just Kalani and I. I was currently walking down the hall with my headphones on and I was bumped by a person. I quickly looked up and saw it was Serena. I sucked my teeth long and hard and loud, it caused a few heads to turn our direction. I pulled one headphone out my ear to listen to what bullshit was gonna spill from her mouth now.

"You're single now is what I heard." She said with a smile, twirling her hair around her finger. I shrugged and started to walk. She walked next to me and sighed.

"Keith, I'm sorry for how I acted last time we spoke. It wasn't right and very unnecessary and I'm sorry." She said to me. I turned my head to look at her and gave off a weak but small smile.

"Apology accepted. I'm glad you've learned from your mistake," I said to her, causing her to smile. "See you around." I said about to walk away before she grabbed onto my hand.

"Keith wait, I uh was wondering if you would go to the movies with me later? I mean, if you're not busy." She asked with a small smile.

I don't do shit anymore anyway. I might get some free head after too, so why not?

"Yeah sure, what time?" I asked her. She smiled brightly.

"7."

"I'll see you then."

Jasmine

"So you just gonna stand here and watch them and not even try to fix your mouth and speak?" Jada asked me as we stood by my locker. I took out my notebook for French and rolled my eyes.

"So you're just gonna stand here and force me to talk to someone that fixed their mouth to say the most rude and disrespectful thing they could ever say to me?" I said, rolling my eyes. I didn't tell them what he actually said to me, because then I would have to explain everything to them.

"Girl, he most likely didn't mean to say what he said. That boy cares about you way too much to purposely hurt you. And I know y'all haven't said these words to each other, but I can tell that he loves you. He might've been stressed about something so he spoke through his emotions. I don't know." Diana said softly. I clenched my jaw and slammed my locker shut.

"If he 'loved' me, he wouldn't have let those words slip from his mouth." I said looking at the two of them. They held sorry expressions and I rolled my eyes. "I'll see y'all at practice." I said, making my way to class as the bell rang.

-

later that day, evening time..
"Jasmine.." I heard Chelsea's soft voice come from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Come." She slowly walked in and shut my door behind her. I saw a bruise on her arm and I sighed heavily.

"Can you braid my hair please?" She asked. I gave her a small, closed lip smile and nodded. She hopped on my bed and handed me the comb and brush and oil. I started to part her hair and she sniffled.

"What's the matter baby?" I asked her as I cornrowed her hair. She gently shook her head.

"I don't wanna stay here anymore. Mommy doesn't love us, Ron hurts us all the time and Daddy disappeared forever. I don't wanna be here." She said. I started another cornrow as I listened to her rant. It brought tears to my eyes but I knew I had to suck it up and stay strong for her.

"Chels, you know I love you right? I'll always love you. I will never betray or hurt you in any way. I'm your big sister. You always come to me if you need something. I will always protect you." I told her as I started the 4th and last cornrow.

"You promise?" She asked softly. I stopped braiding and held out my pinky in front of her.

"Cross my heart." I said as she intertwined her pinky with mine. I kissed the top of her head after I finished the braid.

"All done." I said, smiling at her as she turned to face me. She gave me a tight hug.

"Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asked innocently.

"Of course, come, let's go to bed." I told her as we got under the comforter together. I turned off the light and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too, goodnight."

I won't stop fighting until we're out of this damn house.

fin.

woah yall i ain't update in forever , i'm sorry 😭 this chapter was trash im sorry