graduates

2 months later, may 26th..

Jasmine

"Sarah De'Armas-Amir, the woman who turned herself in for sex trafficking on her two daughters and assault and battery in self defense has just been sentenced to prison for 20 years. And the man, Ron Amir, who was arrested on rape and assault and battery charges has been sentenced to life in prison. The two daughters and victims of this tragic experience testified in both trials in court." The news said on the television. Keith rubbed my arm and kissed my temple as we watched it in Jada's living room.

"I'm proud of you." Keith whispered to me. I smiled lightly and sighed in relief.

"I'm so glad that's over becuase now we can celebrate. My best bitch is 18 today! And we graduating tomorrow!" Jada exclaimed, turning off the tv and attacking me with hugs and kisses. I laughed as Diana joined in on it too.

Yes, today is my birthday. Saturday, May 26. I'm officially 18 today. We had a little get together to celebrate my birthday and all of us graduating tomorrow.

"And I couldn't be happier. Thank you guys so much for everything." I told them as we were in the living room.

"You're a soldier, Jas. I judged you wrong, you're stronger than you look." Woody said to me. I smiled at him.

"Yee, I knew there was something special about you with the way Keith would ditch us all the time to hang with you." Algee said. Keith hit his arm, making us all laugh and causing Keith to turn red. I kissed his cheek and looked at the ring on my finger.

I looked around at the group surrounding me that consisted of Keith, Jada, Diane, Woody, Algee, Luke, Elijah, Bryshere, Keith's bestfriend, Darius and even Tre. I smiled and a wave of pure of joy washed over me causing a tear to fall from my eye.

"What's wrong, babe?" Keith asked me, wiping it away. I smiled and shook my head.

"Nothing, I'm just happy. I never would have thought this would happen to me. This is what real, true, genuine love feels like." I told him. He smiled and looked at me with admiration before pressing his lips to mine in a quick kiss.

"I love you." He said to me. I smiled again.

"I love you too." I leaned my head on him and joined in on the conversation being held within the group and smiled in content.

-

It was graduation day and we had received our diplomas already and walked the stage. It was a happy moment and I got to spend it with my boyfriend, my friends and my little sister and I couldn't be any more happy.

"We're done babe! We did it!" I exclaimed as Keith picked me up and kissed my lips.

"And we did it together." He said, placing me back on my feet. Chelsea and Kalani rushed over to us as we were all standing outside with all the other graduates and their families.

"I'm so happy for you, Jas!" Chelsea exclaimed as she ran into my arms. I picked her up in a hug and we both burst into a fit of laughter. I placed her back on her feet and she kissed my cheek.

"Brother, you did it!" Kalani said excitedly to Keith as they shared a moment. We smiled and had a little conversation before Keith's mom, Kayla walked up to us with a smile.

"Congratulations, you two." She said to us. We both smiled and thanked her. She handed us each a small gift bag as a graduation present.

"I have some news to tell you guys." She said, nibbling on her bottom lip. We both looked at her waiting for her to tell us.

"I'm going into rehab." She said with a slight smile. Our eyes got big and Keith immediately pulled her into a hug.

I smiled at the embrace between the two and watched as Kalani joined in on it too.