ask and you shall recieve

Keith

october 20th, lunch
I watched her from across the cafeteria. I wanted to make my move but I'm too scared to even try.

"Bro, just go ask her." Luke chuckled, nudging me. I snapped out of my daze and looked at him, shaking my head.

"She's probably not even going." I said, picking at my food.

"You never know until you try." He said, patting my back. I watched her and her two friends get up from their table with their lunch trays and I decided to quickly meet up with them.

"Hello ladies." I shyly smiled when I appeared next to them. They gave me weird looks but still smiled none the less.

"Hi." They all said in unison.

"May I please ask you to sit right here for me." I said to Jasmine as we dumped out our trays. I led her to an empty lunch table.

"Keith, what are you doing?" She asked, turning a deep shade of red.

"To be honest, I don't know." I shrugged, sighing. I pulled a high school musical and stood on the table in front of her, clearing my throat loudly.

"Hello everyone, may I have your attention please?" I said loudly for the whole cafeteria to look at me.

"Keith please, you're embarrassing me.." Jasmine giggled nervously as she tucked a loose curl behind her ear.

"I have a very important question to ask a beautiful woman." I said loudly. Everyone started to pull out their phones and gather around me.

"Jasmine De'Armas, you are absolutely mesmerizing. I don't usually do these types of things but I'm feeling a little different. Would you please do me the honor and let me take you to homecoming?" I asked her, my stomach trembling in fear of rejection. I heard everyone mumble a "yes", "he fine as hell" and other various comments. I didn't care, the only comment I was worried about was Jasmine's.

"Yes Keith, I will go with you to homecoming." She smiled. I smiled too and sighed in relief as I hopped down from the table and helped her up as I pulled her into a hug.

Jasmine

after school, 4:37pm
I decided to have a conversation with my mom and Ron. I walked into the house to see them both in the living room.

"Good afternoon, mom. Hello, Ron." I said with a faint smile. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch adjacent to them.

"Can I talk to you guys about something?" I said, playing with my fingers.

"What's up?" Ron asked nonchalantly.

"Well um, I have to perform at the homecoming football game on Friday and homecoming is on Saturday.." I dragged out.

"Okay and?" Ron said.

"Well um, I was asked to homecoming today by my friend--"

"And what did you say?" Ron asked, sitting up.

"I said yes. I wasn't even planning on going, but that was because I didn't have anyone to go with." I told them. I looked at my mother and I saw some excitement in her eyes.

"You can go." She smiled. I blinked a couple times in shock and smiled.

"Wait, what?" I asked her. She nodded.