Adopted?

Gajeel's POV 

I was having a good dream of me singing on stage in front of a giant crowd chanting my name. I was famous! I always knew this day would come. I was in the middle of an amazing guitar solo, but like all dreams, it came to an end. But when I woke up, it wasn't morning. I was the middle of the night. I was woken by the sound of feet running then the slam of the door. I jumped out of bed. 'Who the hell is in my house?!' I thought but then I remembered, Sydney was staying with me. She must have had to go to the bathroom really bad or something. Then I heard the sound of gagging. My eyes widened and I burst out of my room. I ran into the bathroom to see her throwing up into the toilet. "Sydney!" I shouted and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and then she threw up again. I walked up behind her and held her hair out of her face. I started rubbing circles on her back, which seemed to calm her down. After a while, the puking seized and she was panting. "You okay?" I asked. "I-I don't k-know what's wrong with me," she said in a quiet but shaky voice. "It must be from standing out in the rain," I said and she nodded slightly. "Do you think the puking is done now?" I asked. "I think so," she said. We stood up and she used me as support. "Do you want to take a shower?" I asked her and she nodded. I took a black towel out of the cupboard and explained to her how the controls on the shower work since my shower is a bit different. Once she understood, I left the room.

Sydney's POV

I woke up to a bad feeling in my stomach. Suddenly I felt a burning coming up my throat and I sprinted into the bathroom. I started throwing up and Gajeel came in all worried. He held my hair out of my face and rubbed circles on my back. That felt so good. Once I was done, he asked me if I wanted to take a shower and explained to me how it works. I started the water, stripped down, and got in. After I washed my hair and body and everything, I shut the water off and stood there, in the steam, with my forehead against the wall in front of me. How did it end up like this? One moment I'm having a great time with my friends and enjoying life to the fullest, next moment I'm having a scream off with my mom, find out I'm adopted, and get kicked out of the house. Tears started coming to my eyes and I tried to hold them back, but they came anyway. They slowly slid down my face and I sniffed. I fell to my knees and cried into my  hands. Then I heard Gajeel banging on the door and calling my name. I'm so grateful to him for letting me stay here and helping me.

Gajeel's POV

After Syd got in the shower, I laid down on the couch and waited for her to get done. I wanted to make sure she was ok before I went back to sleep. After a while I heard the water stop and then I heard sniffling then a thump. I was about to barge in there but then I remembered, she's in the shower.  I knocked on the door and called her name until I heard a small "yes?" in response. "What happened, are you okay?" I said. "Yes, I'm fine. It was nothing," she said. I sighed and went back to the couch to sit down.

Sydney's POV 

After Gajeel asked me if I was okay, and I said I was, I stood up. I squeezed the water out of my hair and grabbed the towel that was hanging outside of the curtains. I wrapped the pure black towel around my body and stepped out of the tub. 'This towel is so soft. I wouldn't think that a guy like Gajeel would have such a soft towel.' I thought. Once I was dried off, I started changing back into my pajamas. I had everything on but the pants, but as I picked them up they had some puke on them. I found a plastic bag and put the dirty pants in it. 'Well now what am I going to do? I have no pants and I can't just go out there in my underwear when Gajeel is right there.' I thought and a slight blush came to my face. I knocked on the door. "Gajeel?" I said. I heard him walk up to the door. "Yeah Syd?" he answered. "Umm, I need some different pants," I said. "Ok one second," he said and I heard him walk away. A bit later I heard him walk back up. "I couldn't find any more pants that may fit you so I got the smallest pair of shorts I could find," he said. "That's fine," I replied and opened the door a little bit. Just enough for him to hand me the shorts but not see me. After he handed me the shorts I put  them on and even though he said that they were the smallest ones he could find, they were still really big on me. I walked out of the bathroom to see Gajeel sitting on the couch. Once he heard me open and close the door, he stood up and walked over to me. I handed him the bag with the dirty pants in them. "I'm sorry. These are your pants and here I go getting puke all over them," I said and bowed my head to him. "Please forgive me, Gajeel," I said. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's fine. It's not your fault that you had to puke and anyways these pants were too small for me anyway. I will wash them up for you and then you can keep them," he said and I nodded.