Chapter 6

"That'll work perfectly." The sound of a phone's keyboard was audible in the nearly silent room, but then it stopped. "Get up or you're gonna be late."

I groaned softly as I buried my face in my pillow. "Go away," I mumbled, not in the mood to deal with my brother.

"Sarah you can't sleep your life away. Besides we have school and you're my ride," he added before I heard my door shut.

I slowly opened my eyes and was met with the sight of leather centimeters in front of my face. I pulled back slightly only to realize that the pillow I had buried my face in was wearing a leather jacket and wasn't even a pillow at all. I scrambled out of bed, hitting the floor in the process as the entire night flooded my mind. "Oh yeah..." I mumbled quietly as I caught my breath.

"Avi get up," I said as I reached over and began shaking his lifeless body.

"Five more minutes Esther." Without a second thought he rolled over, and almost immediately, his quiet snores filled the room.

"Don't make me burn you," I said as I climbed back in the bed and proceeded to continue shaking him.

"No," he said sleepily, and before I could process what happened, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down against him. How does she do it?

I shook my head slightly and laughed quietly as I struggled to get away, but with no success. "Fine but when we both don't show up to school everyone's gonna suspect something," I said, peeking up at him to see if there was any change. Nothing. Sighing softly, I wiggled my arms free and reached up, covering his mouth and nose to stop his breathing.

His eyes flew open as he darted up in a sitting position, nearly pulling me with him. Letting go, I rolled my shoulders a bit and shook my head slightly. "You're really clingy when you're tired," I told him as I got up. "I don't have anything for you to wear," I admitted with a small laugh.

"No, that's fine. I've learned to keep spare clothes with me no matter where I go. I tend to be able to fall asleep almost anywhere," he admitted as he got up as well.

I laughed slightly and began walking around, gathering up clothes for me to change into. After I showered and got dressed, I took my time blow drying my hair and doing my makeup while Avi showered. I slid one of my beanies on and adjusted my hair underneath it until I was satisfied with my appearance.

Once I finished, I grabbed my backpack and began stuffing it with several different snacks, along with a bottle of water and medicine. I paused, getting a strange feeling and slowly looked up only to find Avi watching me from the doorway. He dawned a flannel and black skinny jeans, his own beanie sitting neatly on his head. "I'm not changing," I said, continuing to fill extra space in my bag with food.

"Think you got enough?" he asked, a deep chuckle leaving his throat.

I shook my head, managing to stuff a bag of Doritos in it before zipping it up. "Now I do. Don't judge me, you don't get it."

Instead of saying anything, he sat down and began to put his shoes on. "Do you mind if I catch a ride with you to school?"

"Didn't you drive here?"

"Well...yeah but I don't feel like messing with that thing right now," he said, pointing over to his guitar.

I laughed and nodded slightly as I made sure I had everything. "Hurry up. I gotta be there early today, remember?" Nathan said as he passed my door.

Rolling my eyes, I shot the empty space a glare and threw my bag over my shoulder. "Sometimes..." I mumbled before a smile appeared on my face. "Come on. We can stop somewhere and eat after I drop him off," I said, grabbing Avi's wrist and pulling him along with me.