Chapter 18

Sarah's POV

"I gotta say, it's good to have you back bassman." My eyes darted over to Scott who was looking mighty comfy on his bed with Mitch curled up next to him.

"I'm just glad I didn't have to wear a sling," Avi commented just as I felt his fingers running through my hair. I thought about commenting on Scott and Mitch's positions, but I had no room to talk considering my head was currently resting comfortably in Avi's lap.

"It wouldn't have been that bad," Esther spoke up.

"Yeah, you just complain too much." I laughed slightly at Kevin's words and closed my eyes, allowing myself to relax. We had all decided to spend the week at Scott's place for spring break  since he was the one with the game room, so we were just hanging out in his room, talking about anything and everything.

"We should do something fun over summer vacation," Kirstie said thoughtfully, her head resting on Mitch's hip.

"There's nothing fun to do in California that doesn't have to do with the beach or famous people," Mitch said with a small laugh. Just like that, the room filled with everyone talking about things there were to do over the summer.

"What about New York?" The entire room fell silent as everyone's attention turned to Scott.

"Remember my parents bought that huge loft there. We could get plane tickets and take like a lot of blankets and have like a giant three month sleepover," he said with a wide grin.

"I'm sure our parents would dip into their savings to get the tickets for us but we'd have to save up for our own spending money," Esther said, her eyes darting over to Avi who nodded in agreement.

"Same," Kirstie said as Mitch grinned happily.

"I can't wait," the brunette said.

"I can afford, and I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind," Kevin said. I could feel several sets of eyes on me, and I slowly opened my own to find them staring at me.

"I'll be back," I said as I slowly sat up and grabbed my phone. I walked out and closed the door behind me, calling my mom immediately.

"Hey sweetie."

"Mommy," I said sweetly. "I have a huge question to ask you."

"Absolutely not," she said, causing me to drop my jaw.

"You don't even know what I was going to ask."

"Fair point," she said.

"Can I go to New York for the summer with my friends?"

"Absolutely not!"

"But mom! Everyone else is going. What am I supposed to do when all of my friends are across the country?" I asked with a frown, pacing up and down the hallway.

"You know we can't afford it."

"I'll work and pay for it myself. Please," I said, crossing my fingers.

"If you can make the money by the end of school, you can go." With that, she hung up, and I let out a sigh as I returned to Scott's room, taking my place once again.

"I have to make the money by the end of school if I want to go," I told them with a small shrug.

"So basically a month?" Mitch asked, and I nodded.

"Might as well count me out," I told them as I closed my eyes.

"Nooo," Kevin said. "What if we help you raise the money?"

"We could help you sell those really good cookies you make," Avi said, beginning to run his fingers through my hair again.

"When did you make cookies?" Scott asked, sitting up.

"A few days ago," I said quietly.

"And you gave some to him but not us?"

"He helped me make them."

"They were really good. Chocolate chip," Avi said proudly.

Mitch frowned but sat up as well. "If you two make them, we can help go around selling them."

"Yeah, we really want you to go with us," Esther said as she leaned forward.

I looked up at Avi with a wide smile. "Start tomorrow? We'll need at least a few dozen to start with. Sell them four to a pack for five bucks?"

"Sounds good to me," he said, leaning down and kissing my forehead. The action caught me off guard, and by the quiet gasps, it did everyone else too.

"I need explanations ASAP!" Mitch almost screamed. I looked over at him and shrugged as I sat up stretched.

"Depending on how much we make, I wouldn't mind splitting some of it with you guys. Just a little something for helping."

"Absolutely not," Kirstie said as she slipped onto her stomach. "We're doing this because we love you and it wouldn't be the same without you."

"Yeah, you're the fire to my ice," Scott said, adding an Old English accent for added effect. "Literally."

"Sorry Scotty. That's already taken," I told him with a small laugh that only grew with his frown.

"I may or may not have told her she's the fire to my water. It doesn't sound as cool, but..." Avi trailed off as his cheeks began turning red, and he looked down shyly.

"That's adorable," Kirstie said with a giggle.

"Can I just go change and go to sleep? I gotta get up early in the morning to start on these cookies," I said as I grabbed my bag and headed towards the bathroom. Quickly changing into a pair of shorts and a loose tank top, I returned to the room and set my things to the side.

"So Mitch and Kirstie can fit in the bed. Two can sleep on one side of the bed and two on the other," Scott said. I helped lay down blankets and pillows before laying down on one of them, Avi joining me moments later.

"I ship it," I heard Mitch say and peeked up to see him peering over the side of the bed.

"Go to sleep," I said, grinning as Scott turned off the lights. Once everyone was settled down, I yawned softly and closed my eyes.

"I can't wait for this trip," Mitch said happily.

"Go to sleep Mitch," Esther said, but it was clear she was holding back a laugh. Natural sociable Mitchy.

"Just saying."

"If you go to sleep, tomorrow will come faster which is one day closer to it," I said.

"Night!" he said. I laughed and rolled onto my side, almost instantly feeling a pair of arms wrap around me. I didn't say anything as I relaxed against Avi and soon fell asleep.

A/N: Yayyy!! Update!!