01

Blaze with the fire that is never extinguished.
Luisa Sigea (1522-1560)
Dialogue of Blesilla and Flaminin

Dear Ashley,

I cannot wait to meet you, ever since I heard you were coming, I couldn't help but jump in anticipation. I don't really understand why it'll take nine whole  months for you to get here, but none the less I am super happy. Your arrival couldn't be more unexpected, I didn't even know mommy could grow people in her belly, but she says that she grew me in there too.

Momma came up with your name, it's so pretty, if I could have chosen your name wouldn't be Ashley, I would have chosen something far better... like Hello Kitty, but maybe when mommy grows another person we can name them that. Ashley is pretty too though, I promise!

You don't know me yet, my name is Jesalique, momma came up with that one too, she's good at names. We both will have long names, mines 26 letters! That's the same size as the alphabet! Isn't that cool? We'll even almost share a birthday, yours will be two days after mine, we can have parties together.

I can't wait to play dolls with you, that's one of my favorite things to do among others. I also like drawing and painting and playing in the mud. We can make mud cakes together and then dance in the rain to wash it off. Momma likes dancing in the rain too, we always play outside when it rains.

It's weird that your daddy and my daddy aren't the same person, but that's okay, we can share Momma. She's really pretty. She's tall and has crazy red hair, kinda like a fire truck, and it's really long and soft. She's supposed to wear glasses, but she never really does, don't tell anyone. Momma likes to sing and dance around the house, it's fun playing with her. Momma doesn't judge, and is really nice, I promise you'll love her like I do.

We move a lot, it's fun moving. All the houses we live in are nice and cozy. Maybe once you're here we won't move anymore. I'm going to make your room so pretty and I'll make you pictures too! I promise to share my toys with you, I have lots of them. My favorite is my Barbie four-wheeler that daddy's dad got me, I call him grandad.

Hurry up and grow so I can meet you. My friends want to meet you too. So please hurry, I don't think I can wait nine months.
                       Sincerely, 
                Jesalique Jordyn Dianne Hires