25

When she raises her eyelids, it's as if she were taking off all her clothes.
Colette (1873-1954)
Claudine and Annie; 1903

Dear Ashley,

Tristen broke up with me. I knew it was coming, he had been acting very distant recently and told me he needed some time to think. I spent most of the day with Bailey, just talking to her about everything and trying to talk to Tristen, but he wouldn't reply. Later in the day I went and hung out with Rain at my mom and Kevin's house. When they were bringing us home to my dads we stopped at a gas station and that's when I got the text. He said he was sorry and that we were over.

I don't know if I have ever cried so hard for so long. I still love him. I still want to be with him, I miss him so much. I can't believe that I lost him and I don't even know why. School has been so hard lately. The work isn't hard, it's hard to face him, to face his friends. Zach, one of his closest friends didn't even know and when I told him I broke down in class and he comforted me and said Tristen was stupid. I had to leave that day, I couldn't stay in school. Lunch is awkward, we still sit at the same table, I mean we do share friends, but now we sit across from each other rather than next to one another. I can't even eat lunch anymore, I don't have an appetite.

I am not the only one who has been skipping school, he has too. I still pay attention to him, I still care. My friends have been really supportive and so has my family, but it's still hard. I burned everything that he ever gave me, everything I could find at least. Nine months of a relationship into the fire pit.

Date Unknown

J