the weekend

The weekend was here before I knew it. It was moving day, I spent the night at Chris's. I woke up before Chris and slipped out from under his arm and bed very quietly went to kitchen fix us breakfast. With Pandora station turn down low I went to work on making breakfast. I was so tuned in to the song because it held so much meaning to me ,I never heard Chris come into the kitchen. I was singing my heart out along with lots tears.
"Morning Love,how's my queen sleep. Your crying what's wrong?"
Chris had his strong arms around my waist. I turn in arms and look up at him and smiled with single tear rolling down my cheek.
"I'm fine,I was listening to music and Brantley Gilbert's song One hell of an amen came on and hits close to home to me that all. I slept like a log, here help yourself some breakfast. I'm going to go ready for the day. I ate a little while fixing breakfast so eat up." Unwrapped his arms for my waist but not before giving him a sweet little kiss then left to go get ready.
While getting ready for the day I had a flashback and seem like it happened yesterday.
FLASHBACK...."Kye please don't leave me,I can't live here without you here. Your my rock and everything." Pleaded with tears not stopping.
"If I could baby doll I would but the Army is calling and I have to go. I'll try to keep in touch, keep me updated on your mama for me." With that Kye kissed the top my head and giving me big bear hug soon he was boarding the plane and that was last time I saw him alive. He was my rock and help me through the hard times when my mama was diagnosed with stage four cancer. Not long after losing Kye,mama was called home to join him. End flashback.