getting work done

Hump day comes rolling in and work has to be done. The guys parts came in and it's all hands on deck to get the cars ready for tonight as we doing test hits later tonight. I helped Monkey with the Crow it needed new head gaskets along with a new fuel pump. Once that was done it was time to change the oil and transmission fluid change so it was ready for the for first list race of the season also for testing later. Kentucky and Shawn worked on the new Murder Nova which was just new coils and plugs along with a oil change and transmission fluid change too so it ready like the Crow. My Chevy Luv was already to go. Justin was coming in later as he had something to due at his sons school with them. So that just left Monkey,Kentucky and Shawn in the shop so I helped them out. Chris was getting out of work early and meeting us at the track with Elco with his crew to test the same time as the Midwest crew did. Once everything was done we just kick back and relaxed. Erin ordered pizza for all of us for lunch and it was delivered to the shop. I would be lying if I told you I was not nerves going into testing I was be on nervous about it. I've drove my Chevy Luv around the block but never making a test hit let alone a race.
"Becks you nervous about later?" shawn asks as he takes a sip of his Monster.
"Yeah a tiny bit." I sit with my thumb to my lip. OK I might picked up that habit from Chris. I only did it when I was nervous.  The guys have noticed at shop.
"Little Chris your smoking your thumb again." Kentucky smirk.
"Shut up don't make me get Bella come after you." I smirk back I could see the fear in his eyes. Bella was the new girl and she head over heels for Kentucky and he wanted nothing to due with her. He had absolutely no feelings for her what so ever. The guys and I got a kick out of it. That shut him right up. Discovery took one of at a time and did small interview for this episode and I was the last one for it.
The mini interview...
The director had list questions to ask me. So we went in my office as it would be quitter for them film. I sat in my chair and began to answer questions the director asked. It was going be for behind the scenes on their website.
  1- "What do you drive?"
"I drive a 1972 Chevy Luv with a big block with twin turbos."
2-"what got you into racing? "
"My husband and his friends got me into racing."
3- "who is your husband?"
"My husband is the one and only Kamikaze Chris."
4- "Will Chris and you will be having kids?"
"No Chris and I have decided not to have kids as we both enjoy being the cool aunt and uncle."
5-"Nitrous or turbo?"
"As I'm new to all of this and I'm going be racing with turbos. I'll go with turbo."
6-"Does anyone in your family due anything with racing?"
"I did have a uncle that did flat track racing with his Harley."
7-"Are you girly girl or Tom boy?"
"Would a girly girl be caught street racing? I'm Tom boy for sure but I don't mind dressing up."
8- "favorite type of music?"
"Hick-Hop,rock and country."
9-"Beer or Wine?"
Beer.
10- "were do you see yourself in ten years from now?"
"I see myself still happily married to Chris and I'm still racing."
With that we were done the interview. We made our way back out to shop. Chris had showed up while I was doing the interview. Walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck giving him a quick kiss. The dame camera man caught it on film whatever. The film crew finished up for a bit but they meeting us later at the track to get footage of testing. Justin and Jackie just showed up and we group up and went to get early dinner as we don't know how long testing going take. Chris 's crew was meet him at the track. We split off in groups to go to the barbeque joint. Shawn,Erin and their son Aidin rode with Chris and I. Justin and Jackie had Kentucky and Monkey riding with them and they fallow us there. Once we all piled out the trucks and walked in barbeque join. We placed ours and now we wait soon we got our meals and began to eat an talking among our self's. Once done we headed back to shop to drop Erin and Aidin off and to pick up the other truck and trailers. We were off heading for the track.