sora bad news

The weekend was here which meant races. Chris had a call out on Doc for number 4 and Justin and Shawn battling for number 1. There were a few grudge races. While helping Chris with the Elco my phone began to ring. With quick glance I saw a name I don't want to see show on my phone. I a soused myself and took a few deep breaths before answering my phone.
"Hello?"
"Lil Sis, it's Harley."
"I know it's you asshole it showed up on my phone. WHAT DO WANT!"
"Ouch Lil Sis, why so harsh but anyways I've got some bad news."
"SPEAK!!!"
"Well Pops has passed, he was when he passed the judge let him out due to Pops was ill ."
"OK, well I got to go the races are about to start."
I hung up my phone and made my way to the drivers meeting. Everyone was gathered around Justin's truck. Hope I didn't miss much which I had not. First race of the night was Chris and Doc fellow by Justin and Shawn. Turns out that the grudge races decided to not too. But the winner of Chris and Doc had to race Daddy Dave.  Once the drivers meeting was over Chris and I made our way to Elco to get ready for the race.
Walking to the Elco...
"Darling who called?"
"Oh just my asshole brother wanted let me know about pops."
"Oh what's going on?"
"He passed. Don't worry I'm not going back home for service. I don't want to deal with the biker gang and step mom. She hates my guts and I feel the same way about her. Something tells me that shit going hit fan with the gang at the service and I don't want to be around when it does."
"Oh OK love. Let's get ready to race."
With that we went to work on getting everything ready for the race.