Twenty Five

My eyes widened as all sorts of thoughts flew around my head.

What is he doing?

Is he going to propose?

No.

Why would he propose?

That's ridiculous.

But he has a box. And he's down on one knee.

oh shit.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Ian started to talk.

"Natalie, I know this is ridiculous, but I have to ask," he said, staring right up in to my eyes, "From the first day I met you, at the diner I mean because let's face it the meet and greet didn't go so well." This earned a small giggle from me.

"Anyways, from that first day I knew I had to get to know you more. And when we hung out properly I knew for certain I liked you. A lot. There was an instant connection. Heck, I even opened up to you about my divorce before I even told my best friends. That has to count for something, right?" He laughed nervously and opened up the box to reveal the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen, "So, I just wanted to know, because I love you so so much, Natalie, will you marry me?"

It wasn't until then that I realised I'd been crying. I slowly knelt down so I was eye-level with him.

"Ian, I-" I started, and saw his smile falter slightly, "The last time I said yes to someone he left me. Obviously it wasn't his choice but Liam left a hole in my heart and nothing- not even you- has been able to fill it. It's not that I don't want to marry you, because I really do, but how do I know you won't leave me like he did?"

Ian dropped the ring to the floor, and wrapped his arms around me tightly, "I would never leave you. I promise. I love you, Natalie. Nothing can change that."

I sniffed as I thought it over, but eventually whispered, "I love you too, so yes, I will marry you."

Ian broke out into a wide grin, and gently placed the ring onto my finger, with me sniffling and giggling the whole time. I admired the way the light reflected on the diamond.

I looked up to see Ian staring at me, a happy glint in his eye. I pulled him into a long kiss.

I was getting married!!!!

*

@natalieshipman: This trip just keeps getting better and better!❤️

*

@username: Cuties💖

*

@paulvedre: Hope you're having fun👍

*

@craccola: Goalzzz

*

@therealjosephmorgan: We need more cute couple pics @amypalmers55

*

@amypalmers55: you need to start being more romantic then @therealjosephmorgan

*

@amypalmers55: WAIT

*

@amypalmers55: NATALIE ARIEL SHIPMAN GET ON THE GROUP CHAT RIGHT NOW!!!!

***

Amy

NATALIE

ARIEL

SHIPMAN

!!!!!

GET ONLINE RIGHT NOW BITCH

Phoebs

Woah woah what's happened

Paulio

Yeah Amy what's wrong?

Amy

WHILE ALL OF YOU WERE HAPPILY COMMENTING ON THE CUTENESS, IT SEEMS I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THE MASSIVE ASS RING ON NAT'S FINGER!!!

KittyKat

OH BOI

NATALIE!!!

IS THIS TRUE?!?!

Me

Phaha I was waiting for someone to notice. But yes. It's true.

Ian<3

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

WOOOOO

CandyCane

OH MY GOD

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Gilliweed

Omg you stole MY hubby wtf

Jk luv you guys CONGRATULATIONS WOOO

Amy

AAAAH I WAS RIGHT!!

i'M SO EXCITED

IM MAID OF HONOUR

NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT

AND WE CAN GO DRESS SHOPPING AND CAKE TASTING AND MEET THE WEDDING PLANNER TOGETHER AAAAH

Me

Woah calm it. But yes that's the plan

Phoebs

Can we be bridesmaids??? PLEEEAAAASSSE?!

Me

I wouldn't have it any other way

Paulio

So Ian.

Er, who's the best man?

Ian<3

I have yet to decide

Paulio

Well just want you to know I'd be a great candidate

KittyKat

Yeah Paul we get it you want to be best man

Paulio

.....

Me
😂

10+ votes for more :)