Five

The next week went by quickly, and soon it was Thursday 8th December, Ian's birthday.

I woke up super early, being careful not to wake Ian. His jet lag made it difficult for him to wake up at the same time as me anyways, so I easily slipped out of bed and went down the stairs into the kitchen.

I began playing my Christmas playlist quietly as I cooked a full English breakfast. Although he'd only had it once, Ian said he loved this dish, so I treated him with breakfast in bed.

When I finished cooking, I carried both plates up the stairs and entered the room. Luckily, he was still sleeping so I placed the plates down on the bedside table and started playing "Happy Birthday" really loudly through the speaker.

Ian immediately jolted awake and looked around at his surroundings, obviously confused. I giggled at how cute he looked and when his eyes finally landed on me, I grinned widely and paused the music.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled, jumping on him and hugging him around the waist.

"Haha thanks Nat," he said groggily.

I stood up and handed Ian the plate of food.

Having woken up slightly more now, Ian thanked me with a kiss. We ate together and when we'd finished, I produced a gift carefully wrapped in brown paper with string.

Cliche, I know. But it looked pretty.

Ian took it and carefully opened it. It was painfully slow but eventually he'd taken the wrapping off. As he was about to open the box, I stopped him by blabbering.

"I know it's not very much but I saw it and thought you'd like it and also I'm on a budget because Christmas is coming up so I'm really sorry if you hate it. You obviously don't have to wear it, I just got it for you in the hopes that you would anyw-"

Ian cut me off by kissing me gently on the lips.

"I'm sure whatever it is, I'll love it." He smiled and I smiled back, blushing and looking expectantly at the box in his hands. He went back to opening it slowly and when he saw the bracelet his lips immediately spread into a wide grin.

"Natalie, I love it. You didn't have to do this," he spoke softly.

I immediately let out a sigh of relief and fell back onto the pillows.

"I'm so glad you like it," I whispered.

Ian smiled wider and leaned down to kiss me. After a moment I pulled away and said, "Are you sure you like it because I could always get you something else."

Smirking, Ian placed a finger up to my lips. "Ssshh," he whispered.

I nodded.

And so we kissed...

***

A few hours later, Ian and I were still laying in bed together, however we were slightly more naked than we had been when he opened the gift.

I was snuggled into his chest when both of our phones went off at the same time.

"Group chat," we said in sync.

***

Paulio

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN!

Sucks that you're in England. I can't wait to give you your present.

Nina

Happy Birthday Bro

Gilliweed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY HUBBY!

Joseph

Oi he's MY hubby

Happy birthday baby ;)

Me

Uh, guys he's closer to being MY hubby than he is to being either of yours.

Jomo

Um is there something you two haven't told us?

Me

Oh no! It's just that Ian is my boyfriend. And you're just his friends.

Gilliweed

Well isn't that just rood

Oh well. Just as long as you're taking care of my true love.

Me

Oh don't worry. I'm taking VERY good care of him ;)

Ian <3

True dat ^^

Gilliweed

AAAH MY VIRGIN EARS

Phoebs

WOOO NATALIE GO GET 'EM GURL!

Paulio

And with that I'm leaving.

P.s. Ian you'd better gimme all of the details when you get back.

Me

Ian, if you tell him the details consider yourself single!

Ian <3

Well in that case, Paul you can't know anything. Sorry dude.

Me

<3

Ian <3

<3

Now put your phone down babe ;)

Me

Ooh guys I gotta go ;)

Kitty Kat

Well that didn't need to be shared. But have fun guys.

Candy Cane

PHAHAHAHAHA!! GO NATALIE!

Bye bye!

Gilliweed

Consider me traumatized.

***

5+ votes for more :)

A/N: Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter! I've said it before but I'll say it again: I do not write sex scenes. This is mostly because I am only 14 so I feel that it would be inappropriate. So yeah this is the first time I've mentioned them having sex but you can just use your imagination to think of times when they might have already done it. This may or may not be the last time I mention it so please just keep it in mind that you can just insert your own thoughts about when they do or do not have sex throughout the book. xxx