Thirty Five

That evening I arrived home to see Ian stood cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh hey baby," he called as I walked into the room.

"Heyyy," I replied, walking over to hug him from behind, "what are you making?"

"Only my famous lasagna for my favourite human ever." I could hear the smirk in his voice as he bragged about his cooking.

"Favourite person ever, huh? And who might that be?"

Ian spun around to face me, "Myself, duh."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course. How could I forget how awfully big-headed you are?"

Ian grinned and lifted me up onto the counter so I was the same height as him.

"Did I ever tell you how cute your accent is?" he asked, leaning in to gently kiss along my jawline and up to my lips. I kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him closer.

"Guess what," I whispered somewhat seductively into Ian's ear.

"What?" he responded.

"You're burning the food."

I giggled as Ian jumped away from me and went back to stirring the food.

"God, Natalie, you're too much of a distraction for me."

"Awh, you love me anyways!" I cooed.

"That is very true," he remarked.

I spent the next 20 minutes watching Ian cook and of course snapping some cheeky pictures for my instagram.

***

@natalieshipman: Flawless😻

*

@mr.danielgillies: Agreed😽

*

amypalmers55: I wish Jo would actually cook sometimes🙄.

*

@therealjosephmorgan: ssshhh, I cook all the time what are you on?

*

@craccola: Lol Jo no need to lie we all know the truth. And Natalie girrll you hit home with that man ngl🙌

*

@username7: Natalie you need to get this beautiful specimen off your feed, you don't deserve him🖕

*

@iansomerhalder: PHA! @username7 get tf off my fiancee's post. If she doesn't deserve me no one does. I love Nat and if you consider yourself a fan after saying that you need to reconsider your life choices matey. Officially BLOCKED!!

*

@paulvedre: Woo go Ian!!

***

After dinner I went into the living room and checked the activity on my recent post. I groaned in frustration at the hate comments.

"What is it baby?" Ian asked.

"Just all of this hate coming at me on social media all the time. How do you deal with it so well?"

Ian sighed and came to sit with me, "There will always be haters, Nat. If you let them get to you then you'll end up hidden away all of the time, never getting anything done."

"I know, but it just makes me feel so bad about myself. I can't help but believe what they're saying sometimes."

"Natalie, look at me," Ian instructed, so I did.

"You are the most beautiful, talented, funny, exciting, amazing girl I've ever met. Those people on social media are just jealous of all of that. They're not fans, or supporters. They're trolls who probably hide in their rooms all day trying to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel better. It doesn't matter what the haters think, or what the paparazzi think; all that matters is what the people around you think, and we all love you. We love you so much. Especially me, Nat, you're the best thing to ever happen to me."

I think tears were falling down my cheeks at this point. I wrapped my arms around Ian in a tight hug and kissed him hard.

"I love you too. Thank you." I whispered into his neck.

***

@iansomerhalder: Nothing better to wake up to❤️🙌😇

*

@amypalmers55: Saucy😉

*

@mr.danielgillies: Dayummm gurl

*

@phoebejtonkin: You two are the cutesttt

*

@username: I'd sleep with her

*

@iansomerhalder: Back off she's mine @username

*

@natalieshipman: True dat. Btw I look hot asf here, can you send this to me?

*

@craccola: You are the perfect couple

***

9+ votes for more:)