Thirty Seven

I drove to Amy's and we went together to meet the wedding planner. 

"Good morning," she greeted as we walked in. 

"Hi," we responded with smiles.

"Now, which of you is Natalie?"

Amy shook her head and grabbed my hand to show that I was wearing the ring. 

"Oh yes, how could I miss it?" the woman said after seeing the ring. 

She began to talk through lots of paperwork which I had to sign, and then she got to the more exciting part of the planning. 

"What time of year are you thinking of?" the woman (who I'd been told to call Elaine) asked. 

"Well, I'm sure Ian wouldn't mind, but I've just always dreamed of getting married in June. It's so cliche but the weather's usually perfect and everything's just so amazing about June!" I gushed. 

"That is a very popular month, as you could have probably guessed, but it just so happens that I have an opening at the absolute best location in town."

After looking at pictures of the location, I decided it would be amazing. 

"That would be perfect."

Elaine typed something on her computer. 

"So, what sort of colour scheme are we looking at?" she asked. 

"Well, we decided on lilac and cream. But we want details to be silver."

Elaine was writing notes as I spoke.

"And the flowers?"

"Oh, white roses- definitely," I said. 

"Okay, that's all we need to know so far. We work in partnership with the bakery next door to provide the best wedding cakes for our clients, if you want to go and look today," Elaine told me, handing me a small bag of flyers and paperwork for Ian to sign, "I hope to see you again next week?"

I arranged the date of our next appointment before leaving with Amy.

"Oh my gosh this is all so exciting!" I squealed as we walked into the bakery. The two of us stared in awe at all of the beautiful wedding cakes. I had no idea what style I wanted. There were so many to choose from. 

"Hello! How may I help you?" a middle aged man spoke from behind the counter. 

"Hi," I said, "Elaine from next door sent us. I'd like to put in an order for a wedding cake."

The man's face lit up, "Of course, of course. Here, just fill out this form and trust our specialist bakers to take care of the rest!"

Amy helped me to fill out the form. We ended up with a three-tiered chocolate cake with white icing, rose detailing and cute little pearls going around the edges. Once satisfied we gave the form back to the man and left for the nearest coffee shop. We sat in a corner table with our drinks and started talking. 

"So, how excited are you for this wedding?" she asked. 

I smiled, "Overly excited. It's just so amazing to be planning this wedding and knowing that soon enough I'll be Mrs Somerhalder!"

"I'm excited too!" she replied, "Can I ask something?"

"Sure."

"Earlier in the group chat, you said you're not ready for kids. But ever since I met you you've been dying to have children. If that's true then why did you say that?"

"Well, Ian and I have never really had the conversation. But if he's not ready for kids then obviously I'm going to respect that and hold off until he's ready. It's not that I don't want to have them now, it's just that he wants to wait a few years, and I can do that if it's what he wants."

Amy nodded, "That's fair enough, but what if he ends up never wanting to have children with you?"

I sighed, "No idea. But all he said was that hes not ready yet. That implies that he'll be ready another time, right?"

"Yeah. I suppose you're right," Amy replied. 

I smiled and went back to sipping my drink. 

Today had been very successful. 

6+ votes for more:)