Forty Three

"Natalie!" Ian called up the stairs.

"Yeah, babe?" I replied. 

"What the hell is this?!" he yelled.

Concerned and confused, I walked down the stairs to see Ian holding my phone. 

"What the hell is what?" I asked, knowing I'd done nothing wrong. 

He handed me my phone and I looked at the screen. It was a message from Ryan. 

*

Ryan

Hey Nat! I'm back in town for a few days. Wanna meet up? 

*

I looked back to Ian, "What's the problem?"

"I still don't trust him" he said simply. 

I rolled my eyes, "Ian, I'm not getting into this argument again," I said, trying to remain calm. 

"I can't trust him. Not after what he did to you. You might be over it, but I'm certainly not!"

I took Ian's hands in my own. 

"Ryan is kind, and funny, and a good friend. Our relationship didn't work out, and that's fine. Now he has Grace, and I have you. We're both happier now than we ever were when we were dating. Please just give him a chance. You haven't even properly met the guy."

Ian sighed, but nodded slowly, "Okay, I'll do it."

I smiled and leaned up to kiss him gently.

"Thank you," I whispered. 

*

Ryan

  Hey Nat! I'm back in town for a few days. Wanna meet up? 

Me

Sure! I think Ian wants to meet you properly too. Double date? 

Ryan

He does? That's weird. But sure. Grace and I are free tomorrow night!

Me

It took a bit of convincing but I think you two could be really good friends if you just got to know each other. And yeah we're free also. There's a new Chinese place in town. Meet there at 8?

Ryan

I'm up for that.

And sounds great. See you there! x

*

Ian growled when he saw the kiss on the end of the last text. I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"You have absolutely nothing to worry about."

"Promise?" he murmured.

"Pinky," I replied, before hooking our fingers together and leaning in for another kiss. 

8+ votes more more :)

Short and rubbish I know but the next chapter should be good! xx

Also I'm really loving 13 reasons why recently! I'm only on episode 4 but all my friends are finished and I'm determined to catch up! + PLL will be back on Netflix tomorrow!!! Aaah I'm so excited!!!