Chapter 10

Chases Pov

The doorbell rings. I sprint to the door while everyone else turns Mario Kart off and walk to the living room. I make it to the door and swing it open to be face to face with my old friend Celi, also known as Zoeys girlfriend. Celi smiles warmly and I say hi then I invite her inside. We all walk upstairs to the living room where everyone else is waiting. I walk in and I notice Jacks eyes widen.

"Jack, this is Celi. She's an old friend of mine and Zoe's girlfriend, she's an angel" I said "Speaking of which, where is Zoe?" Celi asked "She was here a second ago..." I began but was interrupted by a voice behind me: "BOO!" I turn around to see Zoe, hanging upside down and laughing. She jumps down and Celi quickly hugs her and Zoe hugs back. Then I turn back to Jack and say "They're extremely gay"

Jacks Pov

So many new people... Well, I guess I'll have to learn to live with it... for now. I go up and shake her hand. She looks at me with a strange glint in her eyes. I ignore it and I notice her wings are 3-4 feet long, they're so beautiful and they look very strong. Then Chase speaks up "So what do we do now? What's the plan?" We all turn and look at Mark.

~Sorry for the crappy introduction I am sick and I can't write as good when I'm sick~

Marks Pov

"Well they're coming over here in a few weeks so I guess we'll have time to train. Jack, if you insist on staying I guess we'll have to train you too" Jack nods and asks "So humans really are out to get you guys?" Jack asks. Everyone sighs, "Yea... unfortunately, typical humans" Chase says, "You can't count on any human, I once hoped for friendship to find a place among their kind, but those were the childish wishes of someone who was blind. We all start out the same with simple naive trust, shielded from the many ways that life's not fair, but then there comes a moment, a simple truth that you must face, if you depend on humans, you'll never find your place, and as you take that first step, upon a path without them, you see it all so clearly, the best way to survive is all alone" Chase says, I look to Jack, he's... sad, I take his hand and lead him into the other room.

Jacks Pov

Mark closes the door and turns to me. He inhales and looks at me "Jack... I'm sorry I lied" Mark said with his voice full of regret, "If you want to go home you can, I won't stop you, you don't deserve to be here" he says.

I'm so shocked. Why would Mark say that? Actually, Why would we try to hurt the paranormal? "Why are the humans at war with you?" I ask him "Humans and Paranormals have co-existed in peace for a long time but now the Humans want our powers for their own need, that's too dangerous so they declared war, whomever wins get the Orb of Creation, and our powers" I look at Mark shocked. Before I say anything else, Mark says "I'm so sorry I lied to you Jack, I though if... if you thought it was scary that you'd leave and I wouldn't have to worry about you getting hurt, Im so sorry..." his voice sounded like he was going to cry.

"Mark, look at me" I told him and he lifted his head so his eyes could meet mine, his eyes were stained with tears waiting to fall so I quickly engulfed him in a hug and he quickly hugs back. I hear him whimper and wipe his eyes "I forgive you Mark.." then I quickly pin him down on the bed "...just don't underestimate me again!" I say sternly. I see Mark blush and then I hear giggling outside the door.

I let Mark up and we walk to the door. We quickly open it to see Zoe, Celi, Chase and Ethan standing there. Ethan giggling and Chase laughing his ass off, then Celi got mad "Chase, you gave us away!" "Oh come on! It's not like you spy on Zoe when she's not looking.." Chase says in a slick tone "Celi, What's he talking about?" Zoe glares at Celi, "Chase shut up!! Or I swear you'll..." "You'll what? You can't hurt me, I'll just heal!" Chase smirked "And I'll beat your ass if you so much as touch him!" Ethan said "Stay out of this!" Celi yells at Ethan. Chase punches Celi in the arm and yells "DONT YOU DARE TALK TO MY PUPPY THAT WAY!!!" Zoe glares at Chase and says "YOU TWO BETTER WALK AWAY BEFORE..." "AHHH!" Chase fell to his knees. Ethan and I ran to his aid, I asked him what happened, then I saw his shoulder. He had stabbed him with a huge knife.