Chapter 15

Ethans Pov

I keep looking and looking but I can't find Mark anywhere! I turn around "Jack, have you seen... Jack, where are you?" Jacks disappeared! Great! Now we have two people missing! I keep yelling at the top of my lungs "JACK! MARK!" Finally, I see the trees clearing, and I see two figures sitting on the cliffs edge, I run closer. "Jack? Mark?" The figures turn around and it's them, they're... hugging... Awww. I run closer and they stand up. I run to them. I stand in front of Mark.  ."A..are you okay??" I simply ask him, he just looks at the floor, staying silent. I nod my head, "Let's go home" I start to lead them home, Mark walks behind.

Marks Pov

We start walking, I don't want to though, I just wanted to sit on the cliff forever, but I know I can't. We're walking and I hear a snap, but instead of being scared and anxious, I don't give any fucks. Then I hear voices... "MARK! YOURE OKAY!!" Now, usually I'm happy to see all my friends but right now, I just want everyone to fuck off. They all surround me and I begin to feel a little... claustrophobic. Then I come face to face with her.. Celi. I avoid his gaze, and he remains silent. Then I hear a deep, raspy voice LEAVE HIM ALONE NOW!!!

I turn to see Jack, he's angry I didn't even recognise his voice. I hold his hand and he calms down. Then Celi walks up to me, I instantly feel guilt flow through my veins "Celi... I..." she cuts me off by hugging me "Mark, what you did was wrong, and I may never be able to fully forgive you but I can't hate you forever, so I think we can work through this, you willing to?" She looks right into my eyes, and I sigh. "Yes I would" I say and we both smile. We start walking back to the house, but we see someone waiting at the door. She looks Celis age, maybe they know each other? My suspicions are confirmed when she runs towards Celi, "Celi!" she yells "Raina? Is that you?" Celi smiles and hugs her, then turns around "Guys, this is Raina, she's a water elemental, she's Zoe's best friend..." Celi trailed off, probably thinking about her lost loved one. "Celi... I know... and I'm sorry" Raina told Celi, "Wait, how'd you know?" Celi asks "The water told me, it showed me Zoe's.. body and I'm really sorry" Raina then turned to me "Mark, I'm guessing" she says "Yea" I say looking down, "Well, I know you didn't mean it, so I don't hate you enough to kill you, so I'm going to work with you guys, I know this isn't exactly my fight but I know Zoe would want me to do this" Raina stated "Thanks Raina" said Celi. We all made our way back to the lounge and sat down.

Rainas Pov

"Guys, we can't fuck around anymore, we have to train, if they're attacking soon, we NEED to make sure we're prepared for anything!" I say, with a voice full of pride, they all look at me with faces full of deTEMMIEnation, and nod their heads in agreement. Logan speaks up "I have to go get help, since we're gonna need all we're gonna get" Logan then looks at Zoe, who's eyes are full of sadness but you can see she understands, she stands up and walks over to him, "Stay safe" she says, Logan wraps her in a hug and says "You know I always am" and with that, he walked out the door, and he was gone but to return soon. Zoe turned to us "Alright, no more bullshit drama, we need to focus on the situation, and I swear if anyone tries to start anymore drama I'm going to shove a cactus up your ass" Zoe boomed, I saw that look in her eyes, she wasn't fucking around, she was serious, she was mad as hell. "So are you train or are we gonna be little pussy bitches?" They all looked at her like she'd gone nuts, I just chuckle. Zoe turns and we head for the elevator, and we follow. Once we're all in, things get awkward.

Marks Pov

I'm so disgusted of myself, I let my anger get the better of myself, and I almost killed someone, and not just anyone, Zoe's best friend. I never want to hurt anyone again, I need to get myself under control. I look over at Zoe, she's so.... emotionless. I suppose she's still mad at me. The elevator opens and I begin to walk out, but then I start feeling... heavy, slowed down. I freeze, "Mark, we need to talk" I turn around and Zoe is right in front of me, everyone else is frozen. "Wha..." "I've frozen time, I can't do it for long but I need to say something to you" Shit, she's going to yell at me, I look down out of shame "Zoe, I..." "I forgive you" I open my eyes in shock and look right at her, her stern expression has soften "But, why? Im a monster, and I hurt your best friend, I almost killed him!" I almost yell at her "Mark, you're new to these... powers and feelings, even though I've had them for years, they still slip every once in a while, and since you might not be having them for a while, I'll let it slide. Besides, you've been there for me for awhile, and not just in real life, even on a screen you made me smile" I smile at the comment "Thanks Zoe I promise I'll try to control myself from now on" I say "I know, because I'm going to help you" she says "Wh..what?" I ask, again shocked "I know how hard it is to control your emotions, I've killed because of it and I'm not letting you do the same, and now that you've found love, you've got something, or someone, to help you through it" she says "But I've always had love" I say, she turns to look at Jack "I know but how many of the things you love have you fucked" Zoe asks, we both just laugh. "Now are we gonna unfreeze them or would you rather do this alone?" Zoe asks, I look at her "Doing this alone could be better, the more noise and distractions, the harder it is to control" I nod my head slowly.

"Alright let's do this"

She turns around and sends the elevator back up, but unfreezes Chase and Ethan, "You guys, we have to help Mark with his control" They nod their heads and Zoe turns to me "They sometimes get bloodlust too so they can help, everyone else knows we're training down here alone so they won't bother us, they can train somewhere else"

Well, let's do it