Sing Us a Song

Dinah took the elevator, I took the stairs. She didn't ask why and I didn't tell. She just gave a knowing nod as the doors closed. As though she understood that I just needed to be alone. I passed my floor, passed the girls' floor, passed every floor until I made it to the roof. I opened the door and saw Normani. We both jumped, having just scared each other.

"Sorry, Mani. I didn't realize you were up here. I can go."

"No, Y/N, it's ok. Come on... maybe we can help each other."

Normally I'd just say no, but she needed help. And I'll be damned if I left any of these girls alone when they needed me. I just nod and close the door. I take my place standing next to her looking at the city, "So, what's been going on, Mani?"

"I found my mate a while back."

"That's great! But I sense there's a small problem with that."

She sighs, "Yeah, there is," she pauses to take a breath, "she doesn't know that I'm her mate. She's of age to know, she's been of age for a while. She's obviously a late bloomer, but isn't three years late enough?"

"Well, if you want to know the truth then the answer is, not necessarily. And just so you know, people that don't develop their mate sense on time, are usually stronger than the average wolf. The mate sense is the last to develop, and if it hasn't yet, that means the other senses are just using that time to better themselves before the big change."

"That would explain why Dinah is stronger than all of us, but Lauren," she says without realizing she's reviled who it was.

"It would. Why don't you and Lo switch rooms for tonight, then make up an excuse to sleep with with her instead of in a different bed. I feel like she's almost there. Just something I can sense in a way. I think her wolf just needs an extra push."

"Ok. Thanks Y/N."

"Don't mention it. Now go get your girl."

I smile as she scurries away with excitement and nervousness. The view from up here is beautiful. The sun is finishing its descent into the land at the moon is making its entrance into the sky.

"Full moon comes in three nights. You think you gonna be ok," I didn't even need to turn to know that the voice came from Thomas.

I take a deep breath, "In all honesty, I'm not sure. This is the first full phase after finding my mate. I don't want to mark her too soon for her liking. I mean, we are both alpha's, so she'd understand the need of an alpha. With both of us being alphas, we both have a stronger need for each other, which doesn't help. But on top of this all, me being a blood moon makes it even worse. Thomas, what should I do?"

"Well, to be honest, I don't know. Maybe she should be the one to have this conversation with. Then you'd know her input. I mean, it's not uncommon for wolves to mark right away. Just talk to her."

"I don't know how to even start that conversation."

"Well, for know, let's get your mind off of it. There's a piano in the lobby, there's a good amount of people down there. Why not give them a show?"

"Oh Thomas, you do know the cure for all my ailments," I pause for a second and smirk at him, " Beat ya down there."

"You're on!"

With that, we both took off. Bolting down stairs to the lobby. I, of course was holding back. We ended up in a fit of giggles and we nearly ran into the piano. After we settled down, I sat at the piano. Thomas smiles at me and with a posh accent says, "Dearest, Y/N, would you do us a great honor and sing us a song?"

"But of course, good sir."

I started out with the first couple notes, and elongating the beginning before singing, as the stares caught on I speak to everyone, "Ladies and gentlemen. Allow me to take you back a few years. To an all time classic. Feel free to sing along."

I smile right as I'm about to sing. Just enjoying playing the music. Enjoying music, period.

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad

Piano man he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the songs
The words she knows the tune she hums

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today

Feeling a whole hell of a lot better, I say thanks and hug Thomas. He really does know me so well, but then again I know him damn well too.

"Excuse me," I hear a man's voice and I turn around. I felt like I had seen him before.

"Hello. How can I help you sir?"

"First can I day you did wonderfully. But I recognized you from the group that's touring with my daughter. You wouldn't happen to know where she is, would you?"

"well thank you. And.. Umm.. well, who's your daughter?"

"Lauren. Lauren Jauregui."

I instantly got nervous. This was Lauren's dad. He's her dad and alpha, fuck. I manage to start speaking, "Oh, uh, Lauren.. yeah. She's uh.. um-"

"Dad," I hear an excited voice that made my heart speed up and melt. She runs up to him and give him a hug. I clear my throat. And she realizes I'm right there and freezes. Her dad looks at both of us, then to Lo, "Is there something going on here I don't know about, Lauren?"

She laughs nervously, "Uuumm, yeah. Haha well, dad.. this may come as a surprise. But this is Y/N. She's my.. um- she's my mate."

He chuckles, "Well, it was coming sooner or later. Y/n, I'm sure you won't mind joining us for dinner tonight, right?"

I smile weakly, "Y-yeah. Of course, I wouldn't miss it."

Dear lords, what have I just gotten myself into.