Blood Moon

I'd like to apologize. After the previous author's note was posted, not even 12 hours later, I found out my grandma had gotten really sick and was in the hospital. And passed away shortly after. So, I know I didn't update when I said I would, and I DEEPLY feel sorry for that. I hope this chapter makes up for it.

The morning air held a different kind of energy than normal. I don't know what it is, but the moment I wake up and breathe in, my body is buzzing. I feel lips press against my neck and know Lauren is awake. A content sigh leaves me as I feel our bond's strength. A hand traces my abdomen and I notice a different type of feeling coursing through our bond. The hand goes further south and canines graze over the mark on my neck. My body reacts instantly by flipping her onto her back and pinning her arms above her head while I've placed myself between her legs. Our platinum eyes meet and she smirks as she proceeds to grind against me. The growl that leaves me causes her smirk to grow, "What are you going to do about it, alpha?"

Within seconds we are both rid of all clothing and the morning continues to offer an abundance of energy.

After a few hours, we finally get ready for the day. I had finished getting dressed first and am now making breakfast. The feeling of pure adrenaline still shooting through my body, but it's probably just from how I started the morning. I finish putting the eggs and bacon on plates for us and set them on the table. I head back to the kitchen and go to grab two glasses for us to have something to drink. But the moment my hand wrap around the first glass I feel like I'm struck with lighting and the glass breaks. Its like a total power surges through me like I've never felt before. I kneel to the ground, overcome by it all. Ragged breaths and low growls leave my lungs. It doesn't hurt, it's just completely overwhelming. I try to get back on my feet and grab the counter, but the marble crumbles under my grip.

"Y/n!"

My eyes are squeezed shut, but I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I hear her rush to my side and place her hands on my shoulders and jump, but places her hands back on my shoulders, "Babe, you're surging with- I'm not even sure what. What happened? What's wrong?"

I start to get used to it as it dulls down, I'm assuming is due to Laur's presence, "I don't know. But don't go anywhere. You're helping."

After a few minutes, she helps me up and leans me against the counter. She cups my face in her hands and kisses me softly. I open my eyes when we pull apart and hers meet mine.

"Y/n, your eyes are glowing crimson."

That's when it hits me. I grab my phone to see for myself and they are a deep crimson color. They don't stay this bright red unless it's a... blood moon. My eyes snap up to my mate's, "Tonight's a blood moon. It's been years since I've experienced one. And now I'm mated. Laur, what do I do? I can't lose control. Not with us on the brink of this war. Especially with you being with child. A-"

"Babe! Calm down. If it's the moon's energy that's been affecting you, I can help. Ya know, being a descendent of the goddess and all."

"But that could put you in danger. And our baby."

"If I don't, who knows what could happen. I won't leave your side, ok? And, besides, the rest of the pack will be feeling some sort of increase in energy as well."

I kiss her and thank her as we go to the table and eat. Lauren grabs us something to eat. Even the small distance from the dining room to the kitchen allows the wave of energy back. But she returns soon enough so it was short lived. Throughout breakfast, we talked about plans for the day and what to do to accommodate for my current state. We had a meeting with our parents where we had to discuss out next move. Because Isandro sent Chris after us, we need to see if we are ready for a full on attack and the possibility of attacking him on his turf. Once the dishes are cleaned and put away we head out, but not before I grab my sunglasses. I don't want any of the pack to be concerned that the current phase has the intense influence over my body right now. We step out and I see everyone playing games and having fun, just enjoying the extra energy running through them. I see my father and Mike talking with one another about something.