Chapter 3: Hidden Figures

[italics mean voice talking]

It was worst than my worst nightmare.
Everyone staring at me. There eyes peeling away my persona of being cool and collected to look at what I truly was:
A freak.
That's what the deep voice kept nagging in my head. My muscles were so tight and I felt so hot and out of breath; I couldn't move. The cafeteria was silent, but the voice was louder than ever. And, in my heart, I knew it was right.
Everyone's eyes are still staring wide eyed at where I lay; jumbled within the metal cart that collects the trays. Jackie was the closet to me, her hands clenching her tray. Star was only a few tables away but it felt like she had left and went back to Mewni. She was silent. Everyone was silent. The silence was killer, the worst thing ever.
That was until the first snicker broke through.
That's when everyone's eyes closed and there mouth crept from closed to open in a wide smile. There fingers were lifted and pointed at me and everyone tossed there heads back in an eruption of laughter.
My vision is shifted from Star, glancing around nervously at my friends who let out a huge guffaw, [AN: I like that word XD] to Jackie, who had stepped in front of me. She wore a smile and a slight laugh rang from her breath as she outstretched a hand.
She cracks herself up as she asks, "Need a hand?"
My face turns hot and I don't take it. I turn around and smash through the loud metal and broke the trays. When I finally stop slipping and stand up, I grab the straps of my backpack and I dart out of the cafeteria, I can hear Star softly yelling for me. My eyes were in tears as their laughing stung through my head. It kept running, out of the cafeteria, out of the building, out of the school, and down the road at full power. My eyes filled with tears as I continue the fast pace, my teeth clench and my breathing is heavy.
Nine gorgeous blocks later and I'm home.
I throw myself inside, I don't even know if I closed the front door but I slam my bedroom door. I throw my bag across the room and pace for a bit, my mind racing about how much trouble I'll get in for cutting school.
I would get detention, my parents would ground me. None of that has ever happened before. Why did I run? Why didn't I just take Jackie's hand and laugh it off. Why!? WHY!?
"Because you're weak."
Finally, I fell to the ground and let out a loud sob.
Not the soft baby cry I did when I though I lost Star during Mewberty. Nope. This was a loud, messy weep as my face ran hot with embarrassment. My vision grew blurry as tears carved themselves down my face, burning it like acid. I sniffled and sobbed and I even let out a very scratchy scream.
It wasn't fair! That shouldn't have happened. They shouldn't have laughed! Why did everyone laugh? Why didn't Star do anything!?More sobs.
She just stood there! Jackie was laughing at me. Janna was laughing at me. My friends were laughing at me. Everyone was laughing. No one should have laughed! It's not funny! Everyone was looking down at me because I messed up! It's not fair! It's not fair! ITS NOT FAIR!
"Well." The deep, suave voice interrupts my rant. "What are you going to do about it?"
"Huh?" I look up quickly and look around my room. No one should be in here! My heart panics a little as I wipe my eyes.
"Just sitting in here crying won't make those people feel bad for laughing!" I clench my teeth and peer around again.
"Hello?" I mumble, pull my knees closer to my chest as I push myself into the wall.
"I mean really..." I look to see something standing in the far corner of my room, where my tv is. "They would deserve what's coming to them."
"I... Uh..." My stomach drops, the thing across from me was tall and slender and familiar; golden eyes piercing through the shadow.
"Why are you stuttering?" He asks. My eyes shift from him to my bag rapidly. The wand! The piece of the wand is in there! I could use it to protect myself from that thing! My legs push myself up and towards it, I trip, slide and grab it tightly in my hands. I rip open my bag and dump out everything within seconds and grab the wand. It's burning an intense green (its never done that before). I grip it in both my hands and hold it in front of me, returning my vision to the shadow.
But nothing's there. There's no shadow, no slender monster. Nothing.
I fall onto my back on my bed and rub my hands through my hair. As I let my arm fall onto the springing mattress, I stare at my ceiling, a soft green light visible. I turn my head to see my wand next to me, it still glowing.
A wand.
Star could do pretty amazing stuff with hers. Freeze time, fight bad guys, make fireworks. Amazing stuff that made her fast friends and helped her get out of every problem. There maybe a spell for me to restart this day, or wipe everyone's memories of the whole affair. No one would have noticed I was a freak...
No Marco stop. I'm just guarding the wand until Star comes home. After school I'm giving it back to her.
"Keep telling yourself that."
I am going to. Star lost it when she had to destroy it... And it was all my fault that she had to do that.
"If it's your fault you have to make it right."
She basically worshiped this object, not a day has gone by she hasn't used it for something or another. Except for yesterday when she dipped down.
Dip down.
That's what Star called it after she let me out of her closet. She said she dipped. She did magic without her wand. Would that be possible for me? For a human to be able to do magic without my wand?
"It's possible."
Except... It's not my wand. I'm giving it back to Star. I'm giving it back to Star. I'm giving it back to Star. I'm giving it back to Star.
I'm giving it back to Star.
"Just keep telling yourself that." The smooth voice let's put a laugh. I flip around to see a slender figure in the corner of my room.
"STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THAT!" I let out a loud scream as I grab my pillow and throw it at the figure.
"Why? Am I being too realistic about this?"
"You think this is funny!?" I snap. "It's not." 
"We can agree on that. There is nothing funny about Stat abandoning you."
"W-what?" I stutter, backing up a little.
The thing opens his piercing yellow eyes and a thick tail swooshes by its feet. "You haven't figured it out yet? She's just biding her time with you. She will leave you."
"That- That- That's not true." I pull my hands close to my chest in protest, my legs shaking.
"I remember when I was that naive." It takes a step into the light.
I clench my teeth as confidence spreads throughout my body. "You know nothing about me, Toffee."

UH... IM VERY TIRED
MHM GREAT
JUST AN FYI THIS STORY IS GONNA BE VERY DARK AND STUFF
LATERS

WOLFIE ORDONIA
[thats Janna's last name :3]