Chapter 13: Enervation

I put my hand behind my back and swallow back some tears. As I begin use to wall to hop into the room, I end up just falling flat on my face, my broken leg pulling apart and back together. Toffee got some of the pain but I still got most of it. I grab the wood with one hand with the tips of my burned fingers and pull myself across the floor slowly. It might as well have been an eternity. Every time I moved my entire body screamed out in pain. Toffee was scratching violently with needles trying to dig his way back to my skin but I had to warn Star.
I grab the leg of her bed and lift by head to see a solid trail of blood behind me.
Gross.
My finger lace around her thin blanket hanging off of her bed and I use it to help myself up. Using my good leg, I push myself onto her bed and land on her feet. Her eyes snap open and she pulls her knees to her chest. Fumbling in the darkness, I push my hand under the blankets as her wand turns the room into a purple wonderland.
My breathing is heavy as I pull my agonizing body into a sitting position.
"Marco." Her eyes are dazzling in the light and her voice is a mix of relief and fright. She gets on her knees and leans in to hug me but I grab my good hand and shove her back.
"Don't." I growl. "You need to leave."
"Wha-?" She squints her eyes in shock and in an expectation of tears. "Marco what's going on?"
"Something terrible is going to happen." I whisper to her. "I did something terrible, irreversible. Star you need to leave now."
"But why?" Star places a soft hand on my shoulder, but I push it off violently. "What did you do?"
"Because I don't want to hurt you!" I yell, my voice cracking under the pressure.
"You won't." She whispers. "Just talk to me."
I shake my head. I start to sob out of pain and Toffee begins to corrupt my spirit again. I need to make Star leave before I kill her like I did-
"I killed your dad." I mumble awkwardly, a wave of tiredness falling over me. My eyes began to blink heavily and her voice waves in and out. Every time my eyes close I can see Toffee smiling at me, waiting for me to fall asleep. I shake my head and my brain rattles around. Star says something and I pull on my eyes. "What?"
"What happened?" She says seriously.
"I killed him. Toffee killed him. We both did. It's all my fault all my fault I was so stupid." I pull my hand to my eyes and sob into it. "I'm sorry Star. I'm such a horrible friend-"
"Remember," Toffee wraps his hands around my throat and I can see my eyes getting covered in black spots. "She's not your friend, Marco. She'll pretend. No matter what her fantasy will have a greater hold on her and you'll be living in the tracks of war and suffering. You'll never see her as a goddess ever again because you know the truth. Break the bond now before you get hurt."
"You're not my friend." I say in a deep, scratchy voice as I look up. "Not anymore."
She's leaning back now, her wand under her hand. "What do you mean? Marco please you're not making any sense-"
I can feel Toffee smiling and my mouth does too, but the words I say surprised him. "You've wronged me Star. I'll admit you're not perfect. Sometimes I fucking hate you. Like I just want to kill you. Right now I want to- he wants to... I just... B-But right now it's me who messed up. I don't deserve to be your friend."
I pull my corrupted hand tighter to my spine and I rub the bone of the missing finger. Toffee was covered in chills and has a flashback to something, a quick memory I can't even catch.
"No." Star says firmly. "Marco I don't care what's happening you are my friend. I'm going to help you."
"Star I'm going to kill you!" I scream. "Don't you get it! If you stay near me I'm going to rip you apart and then I'll be gone. Toffee will win."
"Toffee." Star follows both my arms. "Marco why is your hand behind your back?"
I perk up. "Don't worry about that! You have to leave remember!"
"Let me see it." She commands.
I breath heavily and lean back, my hand glowing a little. "Star just forget about it and leave. Go somewhere I'll never find you. I can't ever find you so I can't ever kill you!"
"Let me see your hand." She repeats.
"You selfish prick." I run my hand into my hair and yank on it hard, trying to stay awake. "Are you not listening to me!?"
"Are you not listening to me!?" She shouts back. "Hand now." My breathing gets erratic and my hand begins to cramp up and burn. Star, what are you doing. Keep this up and I am going to kill you.
Why couldn't you just leave!?
"YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU WANT!" I scream and burst into tears that pour down my red face. "YOU FUCKING PRICK WHY CANT YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!? YOU DON'T GET HOW SERIOUS THIS IS DO YOU!? I COULD KILL YOU! IM GOING TO KILL YOU! IM GOING TO KILL MY BEST FRIEND AND YOU'RE TO SELFISH AND ANNOYING TO JUST LEAVE! JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE! I DONT WANT TO HURT YOU! SO PLEASE JUST..." I sniffle hard as the tears leave my eyes and land on my lap. My face is bright red and my skin is covered in a slim of discomfort. "... just leave..."
I pull both my hands to my eyes and the bed shifts. My eyes are basically gone by now, probably glowing gold. Accidentally, I reach out both of my hands and feel around. I suddenly feel a slight tap to the half star on my hand and my heart jumps, causing a small beam to fly out.
"Star?"
Silence.
"I'm going to save you." She breathes. I don't move for a moment to hear the faint hum of a portal being closed.
She's actually gone and I can feel my self almost completely gone. She's gone. I needed her to leave. But I wanted her to stay. That's why I'm in this mess. Toffee played with that insecurity most of all, that she was gong to leave without me meaning a thing to her.
I pull my head back and finally let the tiredness role over me.
Toffee grabs my shoulder and pulls me out of my skin and into the back of my mind, him taking over.
I flow through darkness until I land on a soft grass bed. My eyes are covered in the red warmth of the golden sun brining down on me. I lie with my arms and legs spread out under the sun and let the warm breezes roll over me.
"Tell me a story." I say to the person next to me.
"Okay." A sweet, juvenile voice chirps back.

...
SO YEAH MAYBE 3-4 MORE CHAPTERS
IS SLOWLY CLOSING
DEBATING ON PUTTING STARCO IN THE ENDING BUT I DONT THINK IM GOING TO... ITS GOING TO HEARTFELT THO
LATER ^~^
WOLFIE BUTTERFLOP