Epilogue

"Men have become free forever knowing good from evil
To act for themselves
they are free to
Choose Liberty and Eternal Life"
-2 NEPHI 2:26-27-

McKenzie cleared her throat. "Over the years we have learned a lot. This statement holds us up and I believe it. We started confused and strange, but we end together. Some of us are still finding ourselves, and that's okay. I learned this statement through one man who went above and beyond it all. I am now proud to introduce our valedictorian, Connor McKinley!" The crowed erupted in cheers as a blushing red head nervously walked to the podium and hugged McKenzie.

Connor blushed and laughed as he stood at the podium. He waved at his family and his friends. He paused until it was quiet. "Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of-"

Arnold laughed and turned to some people in the back row. Kevin and him both graduated last year. "Did you know Connor said he was nervous about this? It's hard to believe, he would be a good preacher."

"Shhh!" A lady hissed behind him. Arnold ignored her.

"I heard McKenzie is going to Asia to make a case to get more funding there. It's like, MULAN!" Another three people hissed at him to keep quiet. Naba looked at Arnold from where she was sitting with the graduates. She giggled as she watched people complain. She could hear her boyfriend from here. She looked back and saw Connor barely hiding an amused smile as he spoke.

"Kevin?" Arnold said tugging on his best friends sleeve.

Kevin snapped out of his daze and looked at Arnold. "Yah, buddy?"

"I heard that Steve kid that punched Connor his freshman year is in the fishing industry now. They say he makes less money there, but he seems happy." Arnold blabbed, Kevin nodded half-listening. Arnold glanced through the crowd.

Two people behind them were whispering to each other. "Did you hear about that Mission dude? He was a Professor at this school!" One gossip girl said.

"Didn't you hear? He ran for governor, but was defeated, and jailed, because someone accused him of selling drugs to minors. In fact I heard that one of the graduates...uh...Nabaloga, or something, a African exchange student, jailed him. She said she had a deposition from one of her friends that would ruin him if he didn't stop, and they nailed him." Another blonde girl said.

A man next to the blonde girl nodded, "I heard he was divorced in the same trial. Sounds like a case I had a while ago." He laughed and the blonde girl elbowed him.

Arnold smiled and nodded. "Naba said that after her graduation she was going back home."

Kevin looked at his friend, "I'm sorry Arnold, that must be hard for you."

"It's okay! I'm coming with her!" Arnold laughed. "She said we could get married there one day. Her father is the village chief." Kevin smiled.

"I'll miss you buddy." He said ruffling his friend hair.

"Well, we aren't going until after the wedding..." Arnold blurted and covered his mouth.

"What wedding?" Arnold went pale and didn't say anything. Kevin looked at his friend strangely then looked back to Connor.

Connor was just finishing up. "Thank you, all of you, every person who thought that I could not make it, and all the people who knew I could. To the incredible and the helpless. I'm standing here today, because you helped me find me." Everyone clapped and cheered and Connor stammered and blushed redder under the lights. They threw their caps and the entire room buzzed with excitement. He cleared his throat and the crowed slowed down, and looked at the man.

"If you all could give me one second in this everlasting memory, before we all go our separate ways," he licked his lips as everything stilled "Kevin Price?" The microphone boomed and Connor looked at Kevin.

Kevin felt himself stand up and start running to Connor. He stopped when he was at the foot of the stairs to the podium. Connor came down. He shrugged off his normal graduation gown reveling a sparkly pink vest he had worn the night that they became something. He smiled at Kevin. "Will you make me the happiest man in the world?" He asked as he reached the bottom of the stairs and went down on one knee. "Marry me?" He bit his lip looking up at Kevin.

Kevin covered his mouth, "Oh Em Gosh! OHEMGOSH CONNOR YES!!!" The world burst into brightness. Connor felt dizzy with it. He hugged Kevin and took his hand gently pushing the ring on. It was perfect. A gold band with one word in it, 'incredible' and he really was.

They were both crying as Connor and Kevin's friends came up to congratulate the couple.

"Oh Em Gosh You Guuuuyssss!" Chris said running and hugging Connor. James shook Kevin's hand and nodded. James and Chris had been together for a little longer than Connor and Kevin. They had been engaged for about a year. "This is so amazing!" Chris said giggling as James pulled him off Connor.

Connor smiled and held Kevin's hand. "It will be a journey." He said to his friends.

Arnold and Naba were next. Naba gave Connor flowers and a kiss on the cheek. Connor returned the gesture, and as soon as he did he was smothered in kisses from Kevin, as Naba was equally kissed by Arnold. Once the two possessive boyfriends were satisfied they hugged each other and Arnold gave his congratulations to both and excitedly told Kevin how much cake he bet he could eat at the afterparty. Naba rolled her eyes and dragged her puppy away before he could actually start betting. She saw the excited glint in Kevin's eyes when he heard the word bet.

Once the graduation area was clear, and congratulations were given Connor and Kevin were left alone.

"I couldn't have made it through the year without you, Mr. Legally Ginger." Kevin said feeling Connors hand brushing along his cheek.

"And I couldn't make it without you." Connor said smiling coyly as Kevin smiled perfectly.

The two boys kissed and it was chase and sweet and full of hope for the future. They had so much ahead of them. They weren't stopping now.

_____________
The End