There! Right There?

The trial was going on as planned and the court room was packed. Fans of Gotswana were crowded in the room as well as news crews and their intruding cameras. It was the second day and they were getting all of no where. The legal students were getting frustrated. There was a witness on the stand claiming to have had an affair with Gotswana, but he had swore that he had never touched that woman.

It was obvious that English wasn't her first language, she was hired as the nanny that cleans and looks after the kids. She was young and beautiful, and totally dressed in black. She had one tattoo that was barely visible above her collar and at least three earrings on one ear.

And Connor couldn't believe how many people thought she was straight. He tapped Professor Mission on the shoulder and he turned to him. "What do you want McKinley?" He snapped quietly. They were interrogating the nanny and getting no where.

"I think she is a lesbian." He said looking at the witness. The Professor chuckled.

"How can you tell?" He asked glancing over to the glossed up beauty on the stand.

"Well, for one, when she looked through her purse she had two chap sticks and two different shades of lipstick that are in contrasting color. One is black and the other one is Barbie pink. Not to mention that she has a tattoo on her arm with a heart around the name Sydney that I saw when she was walking out of the bathroom and covering her arms again after she had washed. Lastly she is wearing all black. That's a dead give away." Connor pointed out in a stage whisper so his colleagues could hear.

"McKinley, I am not about to make a fool out of myself because of some silly suspicion you have. How can you know if she is Lesbian, she could be goth." Connor blinked back like an owl.

"Lesbian or Goth..." one of the students repeated.

"It's hard to guarantee" Steve chipped in. They all looked him, "Hay! Don't look at me." He growled and some diverted their eyes.

"I'm sure that she was brought up different in those dirty alleyways. Black nail polish does seem to be the most fashionable choice for a weirdo." McKenzie said huffing and crossing her arms.

"Well, if she is straight I hope she's free." Some idiot student said.

"She does tend to wink at others." A girl in the back of the group said.

"There!" Pointed some student. The witness winked at the judge.

"Right there?" Another said hesitantly.

Naba glanced at the girl. "She does swing her hips and she just winked at the judge again." They all looked over to see her smiling and seemingly flirting with the female judge. Then the male attorney walked up and she winked at him too. The law students gave out a huff of breath.

"Depending on the time of day and what they feel like Scene people could go either way?" Kevin pointed out.

Before anyone could respond to that the judge called start to the session with three large and over dramatic bangs on the table with her knocker. "I'll have order in my court!" She yelled. Certainly it was just a show for the cameras. People quieted down quickly. Connor didn't know what to do. They had practically used everything they had against this, but they didn't have an alibi to back anything up. He looked hopelessly at Kevin.

Kevin was smirking. Connor was confused. He watched as Kevin whispered something into the Professor's ear. He stood, attracting the attention of the group and walked over to the judge. He talked to her for a bit sending her smiles and soft laughs. Connor felt his heart drop. The judge nodded smiling. Kevin cleared his throat and walked over to the witness.

"Where were you the morning of the murder?" Kevin asked slowly.

"I was preparing the children's meals in the kitchen. I believe I already gave this statement." The girl said sounding bored.

"Yes, of course, just for formality's sake though, what were the children's lunches consisting of exactly?" Kevin said slightly faster then his last statement.

The girl answered quicker in response, "One was a turkey sandwich, two were peanut butter, no jelly, and one was jelly with marshmallow." Kevin nodded.

"So, what were the names of the children miss..." Kevin said quicker still.

"Santiago, and the children's names were Kimmy, Zane, Asha, and Imani." She said marching his pace with a smirk.

Kevin started shooting what seemed like pointless questions at the woman, each one quicker than the last until they were practically talking over each other. In the fray of it he asked the one question she was going too fast to think about. After he had asked her the children's favorite cereal name he asked, "What was the name of your girlfriend?" As she was saying Count Chocula.

"Sydney," she said quickly, barely thinking. The room want quiet. Connor covered his mouth to hold back a giggle. Kevin had done it! The girl quickly stammered and blushed. "You said girlfriend? I thought you said best friend..." she laughed nervously. Some hope died in Connors chest.

There was a gasp from the back of the room. "You Son of a Gun! You lying Son of a Bitch!" Connor and Kevin both visibly flinched. A girl who was wearing Barbie pink lipstick stood in the back. "I refuse to cover for you anymore!" She yelled with tears. "You told me just yesterday that I was the best thing in your goth depressing life and then you go and say I'm just a friend." Connor couldn't fathom how much mascara could simply cascade from one persons eyes. The crowd, aside from a few, gasped at this declaration. "It's me, not him she is seeing! No matter what she says. I swear she has never swung the other way! You watch sports, you never wear anything uncomfortable, and you make fun of me insisting that we go to the beauty parlor to do my hair!" Sydney yelled.

"Wait! No, I didn't mean..." Miss Santiago said, but Sydney was already standing and walking out. "Please don't go!" Sydney made a sharp turn toward her lover.

"Than admit that you never slept with that man." Sydney said venomously.

Miss Santiago nodded. "I never slept with that man. I'm not straight." The room collectively gasped and the news crews were frantically writing down every word.

"And?" Sydney waited.

"And I love you." Miss Santiago said jumping from the witness stand hugging Sydney. They giggled and kissed in the court room, and they left holding hands.

The judge cleared her throat and everyone's attention was brought back to her. "I call for a hold until this is solved." She said tiredly.

When Kevin walked over he was attacked hugged by Connor. "You did it!" Connor laughed into Kevin's ear. Kevin hugged Connor back; they were pulled apart by others wishing congratulations and thanks. The only thanks that mattered though was Connors, who was smiling at Kevin from a distance. Kevin smiled brightly, because everything was alright. He didn't notice the cameras zooming in on the happy college students.

His phone rang.