A Promise

Jerome's Pov

I growled softly, I was still pissed beyond belief. Seto needs to get it through his head, that wasn't Ty! Whatever that thing was needs to fucking die, it hurt my biggums, mine, had he harmed another one of my fellow guards I wouldn't have been this pissed, but the fact that he hurt Mitch. You see, to me Mitch is 'special' he's my brother in arms and someone who's side I want to stick to till the end of time.

I sighed solemnly, my biggums will never see me the way I see him, will he? My ears twitched as I heard a small groan, "biggums?!" I said smiling, but he simply continued to lie there motionless, my ears drooped. I wanted him to wake up, I wanted my best friend back, I wanted to hug him, tell him that I'll do anything to make him better, maybe even tell him- never-mind.  I felt my face grow warm underneath my fur, at the thought, "maybe one day, I'll actually tell you how I-" "Jerome?" I jumped at Adam's voice, "o-oh! Adam, I d-didn't see you there!" I stuttered, "what were you talking about?" He asked, I blushed deeply and looked at the ground, "n-nothing," I stated.

I honestly don't want anyone knowing that about me, "Jerome," he said with a soft sigh, "you're not thinking of attacking, are you?" He asked, "I- I don't know," I slouched in the chair. "Jerome, I know it hurts, but he'll get better," he said laying a gentle hand on my shoulder, "b-but what if he tries to go after him for this? He'll just injure himself more!" I shouted, he smiled tenderly at me. "Jerome, you know that's our friend in there, right?" "I-I know, but why would Ty hurt Mitch?! Or Alesa? Or even Quentin?! That's not anything like our Ty!" I shouted angrily, he frowned, "Seto seems to think we can save Ty, and I trust him," he stated, "so you don't trust me?" I asked, "what?! Of course I trust you Jerome, but I can't trust your judgement right now, especially with how your allowing your love for Mitch to cloud your judgement," I felt my face grow warm at his words, "W-what do y-you m-mean l-love?!" I shouted, he chuckled, "well you two were raised together right? So you love each other right?" I sighed in relief. He got up to leave, "and also, I heard what you were saying," I blushed again, and he smiled at me and then left.

"I am not in love with Mitch," I grumbled, I mean he's my best friend, my brother in arms, and almost my actual brother! I mean his family took me in when I was thrown out of my tribe, ever since then I've made it my goal to protect him, as a payment for taking me in, but I failed... I failed to protect him, he got hurt and it's my fault! I began to growl lowly, maybe it wasn't my fault, it was that things fault, and he will pay! I will make him suffer, I will kill him and make him sorry he ever touched my biggums, he will die and that is a promise I plan to keep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/n 

I know it's short but I wanted to do something kinda romantic for Jerome and Mitch