-Newt-

Brook was really starting to get on my nerves! But I couldn't fight him or act irritated - for Rose and Thomas' sake.
As dawn approached, I caught him sniffing at Rose's hair and playing with it, like a freak. I also noticed how his skin glittered unnaturally in the sunlight, creating beams of light like diamonds. However, nobody could argue with the simple fact of how stunning he looked - that was something that even the people who loathed him most just had to agree with.
Upon further observation of the crowd, Thomas was just waking up. His eyes flickered at the brightness of the newly dawning sun and his head whipped round to his right, where Teresa lay cuddled up in a tight ball. Lingering, his eyes wouldn't budge from the spot where her eyes were. If she woke up, he would have no chance of being discreet.
Everyone was beginning to stir now, including Rose, who I wandered over to. Brook scowled as soon as he saw me intruding 'their' space but had to let me get to her for fear that she would hate him; she probably would. Her eyes were the first to move, then her arms. When she stretched, she almost punched Brook in the face which made me snigger in joy. He deserved that. The first thing she saw was my face beaming at her, but before I could ask her if she was okay to walk today, Brook stole the limelight. "Morning beautiful. How was your sleep?" Rose's golden eyebrows were raised as soon as he said the second word. Even she thought that he was making things too obvious!
"Do you honestly want to know how my sleep was?" he nodded, like a puppy. "Rubbish. It was utter carnage. Half the time, I was frozen to death by some unknown wind that wouldn't go away!" Brook flinched and made a face that had me cracking up on the inside, but I didn't show it.
Before anymore could be said, I asked her the question that needed asking "Rose, do you know if you will be okay to walk today? If you aren't then just say and myself and Thomas will happily carry you." She smiled in appreciation and decided that she wanted to test out her ankle. I grabbed her hand and heaved her up supporting her the entire time. She flexed it and gasped in happiness. "Newt! It's perfect! Wow. I didn't know that it could heal so fast!" Miracles happen, and this was definitely one of them.
A distraction enveloped my mind all of a sudden - the sun was behind Rose's head perfectly so it seemed like a halo was surrounding her corn-like locks of hair. It was beautiful. I had never seen anything like it. "Hello? Newt?" Rose clicked me out of my daydream.
"Yes?" Had she been asking me a question? Who knew! Rose stared at me and raised a sceptical eyebrow. "What?" I didn't mean to sound so abrupt but her face made me anxious - then she burst out laughing.
"What's wrong? Why are you laughing? What's funny?" He laughs were confusing me more and more and I still had no answer until:
"Nothing, nothing. Don't worry about it. Shall we get going?" I nodded and Brook slipped in between us.
He grasped her hand and they stormed off; or rather, he stormed off, dragging her with him. What made me worry though, was the fact that Rose has gasped when Brook touched her - as though something had possessed or scared her.