Páthos

Thalia's POV

The plan was to restock the walls with soldiers but we were going to have smaller squads to trick the enemy into thinking we were weaker than we actually were. Meanwhile stealth teams would be attacking randomly. Everyone was assigned to help but me.

"That's not fair." I said again. "I want to help, let me help."

"Thalia you're injured and you can hardly walk you won't be able to survive out there." Annabeth said worriedly.

"I'll figure something out." I insisted.

"Sorry kid but you've gotta stay put." Hermes said. "Even if you could walk properly you'll be slowed down."

"You're kidding me right?" I asked looking at all of them feeling completely helpless. But they all had the same stern expression and the same answer. "But-"

"No butts I agree. You're staying here." Artemis said.

"Fine. Then I'll just watch." I grumbled while the others shifted a bit. It would be worse than any physical damage one could imagine. Watching the carnage as I already had, it would be far worse and they knew. Yet they didn't move on their stance of whether I should fight or not. "But I'm making no promises on whether or not I'll stay put."

"Then we'll just make somebody baby sit you." Leo said with a shrug. "I'm sure plenty of people will volunteer to get off the front lines."

I couldn't contain my anger. Sparks rolled off my clenched fists and I knew I was scowling.

"I have an idea." Reyna said smiling slightly. "We're doing stealth right? Distractions and all that."

"Yep." Frank nodded curious to see where she was going with this as was I.

"Easy." Reyna smiled cutely. "How do you feel about being live bait?"

And that's how it was settled. Reyna had offered me up to set a trap. She was hoping it would lead at least one of our beloved gods to their doom. It was clear I wasn't in the best fighting shape, even I knew that, but for fucks sake I was going to do as much damage a I could.

"Just follow me. If it gets tough we'll get you out of there." Reyna said leading me and Nico into the woods. I glanced at the army which was very carefully but quickly building bridges to cross the chasm.

"Yeah well we better hurry we don't have a lot of time." Nico said. He was right. Our diminished squadrons were already lined up outside. We were currently weaving through the woods to meet up with the rest of our attack force.

"Come on." Reyna said rushing up ahead.

"Be careful." Nico growled. "Last thing we need is for her carelessness to give us away."

"Her carelessness?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You may not notice because you're far worse but she's rather...impulsive." Nico said keeping low to the ground.

"Oh I know." I smiled matching his pace though my leg was sore. Eventually we wound up where we needed to be. Nico had twigs and pine needles sticking out of his hair.

"Sure you didn't turn into a tree as well as this idiot?" Reyna asked running her hands through his hair and trying to get all the foreign objects out of it.